RaidersAreOne

Patriots sign QB Brian Hoyer

Saw that one coming.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Trevor Lawrence 

Defense is too good for that..

I would not be surprised if BB rolled with Hoyer, more or less tanking the season in hopes of a nice high draft pick next year for a QB.

Posted (edited)

Hoyer is good enough to get the Pats to at least .500 but I rather he not start. I want to see what Stidham can provide. Hopefully Stidham shows us he's the future of the franchise but if he sucks then I'm fine with that too... keep Stidham in, get the Pats a high draft pick and hope we draft a top QB next year. I don't want the Pats to settle for average, I want clarity with our QB position sooner rather than later.

Edited by PatriotsWin!

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

They have a dead cap hit of $13.5m for Brady this upcoming season, so not really that much. They have a lot of dead cap this season (~$23m) but then have none the following season.

To the tune of 120+ mil. 2021

I doubt NE will be bad enough to get Trevor with that defense and bill, but looking at that offense and schedule I don't see a contender

I can see their ceiling being a 10 win WC team that has no real shot at a SB and floor being a 6-7 win team. AFC east will be interesting this yr. I won't be shocked if NE ends up in last place if things go south with injuries/bad luck and other teams take a step forward.

Posted (edited)

I just know deep down Bill is gonna make the playoffs. Him and McDaniels will switch the offense to heavy run and play control and the defense will be stout.

Bucs vs Pat's superbowl. We deserve that for the 20 years of dominance they have put on us. Now they will face off in a epic duel and it will go to OT....my body is reggie

Edited by Riftty

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Hoyer is good enough to get the Pats to at least .500 but I rather he not start. I want to see what Stidham can provide. Hopefully Stidham shows us he's the future of the franchise but if he sucks then I'm fine with that too... keep Stidham in, get the Pats a high draft pick and hope we draft a top QB next year. I don't want the Pats to settle for average, I want clarity with our QB position sooner rather than later.

Hoyer is terrible. I agree with you that you should roll with Stidham, the Pats are in a spot where they can take risks. If Stidham works out just add to the GOAT status of Bill, if not you can blame it on Brady leaving. 

Hoyer was 10-6 over 2 years in Cleveland. He's obviously not a top QB but he's not horrible.

If they like Stidham then they will go that way. If they don't then they will draft a guy and have 3 QBs this year.

5 hours ago, August4th said:

NE went from having the GOAT to maybe the worse QB situation in the NFL if they don't add in the draft

We still have cap space a plenty. Perhaps we can swing a deal for Dalton that involves us taking on half his contract.