Patriots sign QB Brian Hoyer

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Haha, technically yes, but The Duke was my high school nickname which in turn became my online name back in the late 90's.  I go with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is one of my favorite movie characters of all time and I've been rocking this avatar over multiple sites for over 20 years now.

Pretty funny. I looked up Harrison Ford and  someone wrote a book about him named Brad Duke.  I use Mike Haynes Patriots, my favorite player, ya about 40 years. When did the internet start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

On 3/23/2020 at 5:22 PM, The LBC said:

Since Matt Cassel (who was a 7th round pick) was really the only guy Belichick spent an actual draft pick on that didn't meet a certain benchmark minimum of Bill Parcells' requirements for a quarterback prospect (e.g. a senior, started at least 3 years, graduated, started 30 games, won 23 games, 2:1 TD to INT ratio, at least a 60% comp).  The only 7/7's in that regard in this class are Hurts, Herbert, and I believe Nathan Stanley.  The top names among the 5/7's are Fromm, Burrow, and Love.  If BB is drafting a QB, I strongly doubt he dips below that 5/7 benchmark.

For reference, Jimmy G was a 7/7 I believe.  Brissett was a 5 or 6/7 (narrowly missed on completion % by <1% on his college career stats; I'm too lazy to go look to see how many wins NC State had under him).  Stidham was a 5/7 (didn't meet being a senior or graduating).  Kevin O'Connell is really the one who stands out as not meeting the criteria.  

Trevor Lawrence gonna be the 2nd 5/7 on that list:D

On 3/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, m haynes said:

Gee You hit the Trifecta with this comment.   Stidham terrible and you know that how. Next you promote two QB from Vince's league.  Lastly, you know the Pats are going heavy on the run.

Yikes look at Stidham, he has literally nothing appealing, bad at reading, no arm strength and his accuracy pretty bad too. I'll watch it get proven tho

bookmarked this page

On 3/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Pat's team has  7-9 best case scenario written all over it 

On 3/24/2020 at 7:39 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

they are alot closer to be picking #1 than to being a 10 win team IMO

Bengals went 2-14 this year, so at 7-9 they actually are closer to a 10 win team. ;)