Patriots sign QB Brian Hoyer

RaidersAreOne

All this Pat's are gona be okay talk is hilarious 🤣🤣

I'm sorry man but the Pat's are gona be trash

Look at the Steelers last year , top 3 defense in the League with garbage at QB 

Yea that's what you have to look forward to 

It's just the honest truth man

Theres ZERO weapons on offense and some of you still think that the likes of Jared Stidtham or Brian Hoyer can make do lolololol plz idc who the coach is 

Its not happening 

But chill it's cool

If you play your cards right Trevor is waiting in the wings

29 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Theres ZERO weapons on offense and some of you still think that the likes of Jared Stidtham or Brian Hoyer can make do lolololol plz idc who the coach is 

Its not happening 

But chill it's cool

I will assume the Pats are a threat until the world visibly shows me otherwise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I always thought Kessler got a raw deal in Cleveland and deserved another shot to start. Browns fans, am I mistaken? He flashed some in his rookie year.

I mean sorta, but. Still.

It was either going to be Hoyer or Flacco as the veteran UFA I thought or possibly a trade for RFA Taysom Hill. But that trade scenario went out the window in my mind as soon as the Saints re-signed Peat because I thought Thuney might be trade bait, (for like a day). Oh well. Hoyer it is, for now. I'm hoping for Jordan Love or Jalen Hurts.

10 hours ago, August4th said:

NE went from having the GOAT to maybe the worse QB situation in the NFL if they don't add in the draft

I'm legitimately unsure what the Patriots are even trying to do right now.

Like...are they actually trying to tank for Trevor?  I just can't even wrap my head around a team coached by Bill...having a year that awful, and somehow bouncing back immediately after.

But if tanking isn't the plan...aren't they going to need like...a decent QB at least?

I'm a bigger believe in Stidham than most i think, and combined with Bill's ability to regularly get more out of less at the QB position when needed...but it still seems like a huge reach.  Especially when the team isn't exactly overflowing with weapons to throw to right now...

15 hours ago, bomont said:

I would not be surprised if BB rolled with Hoyer, more or less tanking the season in hopes of a nice high draft pick next year for a QB.

Right.

So, let's recap.

Bill is going to intentionally lose.  Mmhmm.  That's definitely something i can see happening... /sarcasm

They'll win 8-10 games with Hoyer, somehow.  Probably while grooming the QBOTF from a 4th or 5th round pick from this year.

13 minutes ago, theJ said:

Right.

So, let's recap.

Bill is going to intentionally lose.  Mmhmm.  That's definitely something i can see happening... /sarcasm

BB could be looking at the best plan for longer-term success, vs this year where he knows the team realistically has little to no shot at the SB. Pay me now/pay me later. Maybe not but it's not so wild an idea.

They'll win 8-10 games with Hoyer, somehow.  Probably while grooming the QBOTF from a 4th or 5th round pick from this year.

They'll be lucky to win 8 with Hoyer/whoever if that and I rather doubt that even. And counting on another late draft pick becoming a great QB isn't exactly a smooth plan for success, just because it happened with Brady. 

23 minutes ago, bomont said:

BB could be looking at the best plan for longer-term success, vs this year where he knows the team realistically has little to no shot at the SB. Pay me now/pay me later. Maybe not but it's not so wild an idea.

They'll be lucky to win 8 with Hoyer/whoever if that and I rather doubt that even. And counting on another late draft pick becoming a great QB isn't exactly a smooth plan for success, just because it happened with Brady. 

Pittsburgh just won 8 games with Duck Hodges and Mason Rudolph at QB, and you think Bill can't win 8 with Brian Hoyer?  Somehow the Browns were even able to win 7 games with him one year.

And yes, i find the idea of Bill tanking games to be extremely wild.  He's just not wired that way.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, August4th said:

I doubt NE will be bad enough to get Trevor with that defense and bill, but looking at that offense and schedule I don't see a contender

I can see their ceiling being a 10 win WC team that has no real shot at a SB and floor being a 6-7 win team. AFC east will be interesting this yr. I won't be shocked if NE ends up in last place if things go south with injuries/bad luck and other teams take a step forward.

The only expectation should be to build toward the future. If all thing work out, Stidman develops, young players improve and we hit a home run in the draft.  The last part, drafting is the key and BB and his staff has not done well. 

PS  I know BB history % numbers drafting are pretty good but you all know what I'm talking about concerning his drafting over the last couple of years. Here some concerns.

Not drafting for need or future. EX.  No TE drafted when we all new Gronk was out the door. Reaching for players because they fit our system. That's fine, they fit our system however can the play. I call it the 2nd/3rd  round surprise.

EX Derek Rivers.  See below link for a possible future surprise. Drafting players with injury history. My last one is wasting picks on players that have no business being selected.

EX Harry.  I can't believe we took him in the 1st round. He is a outside WR the runs 4.95. They talk about his size great worked in college not happening in the pros. Debo Samuals  goes later in the 2nd round!  Who can play inside and out and can run. IMO He was perfect fit for the Pats.

Next Sony 1st rd with Lenard Fournette hands. Your lead back that can only play two downs. What was that scout doing ( should be fired) watching Georgia players and thought Sony over Chubbs ! You will see the real Sony now that's TB is gone!

Do i have confidence the Pat succeed,  yes , but I'm aware that Brady covered up a lot miss steps along the way.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Its not happening 

But chill it's cool

Agree with most of this however the Stidham comment is just you repeating what every sports idiot said or wrote.  You have no idea on Stidman and no one else does as well. You also have the coaches compared to the Steelers. Laughable. 

BB will have a plan. Just like this!

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/philadelphia-eagles/rookie-qb-jacoby-brissett-patriots-shut-out-texans

Edited by m haynes

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I mean sorta, but. Still.

It was either going to be Hoyer or Flacco as the veteran UFA I thought or possibly a trade for RFA Taysom Hill. But that trade scenario went out the window in my mind as soon as the Saints re-signed Peat because I thought Thuney might be trade bait, (for like a day). Oh well. Hoyer it is, for now. I'm hoping for Jordan Love or Jalen Hurts.

Dole, your killing me, Love sucks. Every year we here the next superhero QB and some team drafts him and looks foolish. Evertime I here the the so call draft gurus mention him with Pat Mahones I laugh. I think about "he has a stong arm, he's mobile " etc.  Love played teams like Bridgewater ST and U mass Boston.  Oh ya and this year he sucked. I want no part of this fantasy.  I see him going 5th in some mocks!!!! Think about that,  really.  It would make  Jag Boyles and  Mitch Trubisky look like a solid choices.

Now the Hurts pick I can deal with in the 3rd if he there. The guy who's played on the big boy stage all through his career.