Patriots sign QB Brian Hoyer

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

We had no offense last year anyway, and still went 12-4.

You can say that again.   I laugh when these outsider make comments like they know everything Patriots.  Last year we had Newhouse and a 3rd string center and a part time RT for a offensive line. We had 2 rookies WRs, Sunu in a trade with no camp and Edelman who was completely broken down. We also had NO TEs. We also had Brady physically hurt . 

We went 12 -4.  Let me say that again. We went 12-4 with nothing from our offense. Now people are saying we're  screwed, maybe 2 wins.  

Really!  Lets say our starting center is back , at RT Yodny Cajuste, West Virginia. Line now looks pretty good. Lets say Pats select Cole Kmet. and Izzo can stay healthy. Our TE is now 1000% better. Forgot, our 2 FBs on IR now we have Devlin possibly back and Vitale from Packers

BB Just made some good moves on the cheap with Bo Allen and Adrian Phillips.

Lets face it our Offense sucked last year and that included Brady. He was hurt he was frustrated ( new WR did not understand the offense) on and off the field and our weapons were not ready to contribute due to injuries and inexperience.

Now we have for 2020 a boat load of draft picks, many players returning from IR. And it that's not enough we will have 121+ million in cap space in 2021.

Last note, the two rookie WR might be able to breath now the TB is gone. It had to be impossible to be a rookie dealing with a angry Tom. We saw TB frustration  every week. 

Yup the Pats are DOOMED!!!    God forbid, Stidman has a good season. We will have outside poster jumping the off the section where the 6 SB flags hang.

Edited by m haynes

20 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I always thought Kessler got a raw deal in Cleveland and deserved another shot to start. Browns fans, am I mistaken? He flashed some in his rookie year.

Granted I didn't see his career after Cleveland, I'd say you're mistaken and that Hoyer is significantly better than Kessler.  They are both noodle arms, but Kessler never seemed like he threw the ball more than 10 yards down field out of fear.  He'd throw short of the sticks to guys the defense intentionally left open and had no chance to get the first down routinely.

He's the kind of guy that you have no chance of winning a game with, in the opposite way that the phrase is usually used.

5 hours ago, theJ said:

3.38 ANY/A vs. 5.86 ANY/A says yes, Hoyer is light years ahead of Finley.

Pats will win games because they'll run the ball and play D.  They didn't need a fully functioning Brady offense last year to win 12 games, and they're certainly not going to regress to 2 wins without him.  

Man I cant wait til the season starts 

I'm sorry man but your Pat's team has  7-9 best case scenario written all over it unless you get another qb

12 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Man I cant wait til the season starts 

I'm sorry man but your Pat's team has  7-9 best case scenario written all over it unless you get another qb

Not my team, so I don't really care. Just my opinion. 

Also, I can go along with 5, 6, 7 wins. All is fine. My take is that they're not picking #1 to get Lawrence. No way. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I can agree with that 

But they are alot closer to be picking #1 than to being a 10 win team IMO

They probably would be better off tanking than being in that 8-8 range, but that is not likely going to happen. I would be impressed if they made the playoffs. Getting past KC or BAL to get out of the AFC with the offense they have now? Not gonna happen.

Best case scenario is this season is a bridge year, Stidham turns into a solud starter, and they are contenders again in 2021 when they have a ton of cap space and can spend more for top talent.

11 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

not a chance, my man. BB hates turnovers, by anybody. Winston is an int machine. 

If BB think he can fix him and get him into a system to limit his turnovers (BB is the king of adjusting in season) then it could be a very high reward move.

57 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If BB think he can fix him and get him into a system to limit his turnovers (BB is the king of adjusting in season) then it could be a very high reward move.

:D Sorry my man. BB is the GOAT but he doesn't walk on water! :D

Side note. Shouldn't your pic be John Wayne, or am I dating my self.

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Side note. Shouldn't your pic be John Wayne, or am I dating my self.

Haha, technically yes, but The Duke was my high school nickname which in turn became my online name back in the late 90's.  I go with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is one of my favorite movie characters of all time and I've been rocking this avatar over multiple sites for over 20 years now.

51 minutes ago, Drained said:

Honest to god Stidham is terrible and the Pats should have picked up PJ Walker or Jordan Ta'amu if their plan is to go run heavy for the next year.

Gee You hit the Trifecta with this comment.   Stidham terrible and you know that how. Next you promote two QB from Vince's league.  Lastly, you know the Pats are going heavy on the run.