Nzd07

Can Somebody tell me what the Chargers are doing?

They’re doing what the Dolphins did in the mid 2010’s. Not sure if they should rebuild or retool when they should probably rebuild. 

My guess is they think Tyrod is a lot cheaper than old Rivers and that he could do better than 5-11 and maybe even a wildcard.

Maybe they will draft a QB of the future as well.

I'd go with Tyrod over paying Jameis or old Flacco or trading assets for Dalton.

If they truly don't Draft Tua or Hebert, then I don't know what they are doing but potentially having a  built in excuse to tank if things don't work out with Tyrod. 

I think the plan all along has been and will be to draft a Rookie at #6, let him sit for the year behind TT or prove he's better at some point and take over altogether. 

In a year of the Revolving QB, where a Dozen could of been signed or traded for and You as a Organization choose not to. Taking your FQB in the draft has to be the plan. Otherwise why not bring in a Cam Newton to "compete" or out and out lead? Dalton, Winston, Foles, ect?

Putting together one of the best defenses with a ball-control offense with fewer turnovers than in recent seasons. Complimentary football and hopefully good enough to shut down the Chiefs offense.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If they truly don't Draft Tua or Hebert, then I don't know what they are doing but potentially having a  built in excuse to tank if things don't work out with Tyrod. 

I think the plan all along has been and will be to draft a Rookie at #6, let him sit for the year behind TT or prove he's better at some point and take over altogether. 

In a year of the Revolving QB, where a Dozen could of been signed or traded for and You as a Organization choose not to. Taking your FQB in the draft has to be the plan. Otherwise why not bring in a Cam Newton to "compete" or out and out lead? Dalton, Winston, Foles, ect?

Tyrod was QB of the Bills when Lynn was there. Tyrod made the playoffs or some fluky occurrence. I honestly believe Lynn has believed in Tyrod this entire time and wanted him to start over Rivers but the franchise told him absolutely not, especially after the Eli pushback in New York. I really think they planned all along to just roll with Tyrod unless they could get a guaranteed for two years ticket sales boost from TB12.

This team isn’t going to compete with a rookie QB and signed too many vets to good money deals to think this isn’t a push to compete. BPA at 6, likely Hurts in the 2nd is my guess. This franchise believes in Tyrod Taylor.

This franchise is delusional and also thought they would win the “fight for LA.”

Loading up on talent to then draft their potential QB1 in the draft this year whether that is Tua or Herbert. Problem is a lot of their high level guys are going to be a little long in the tooth by the time either Tua or Herbert is going to be ready.

Hayward and Harris Jr. are both going to be 32 years old CBs by the time either drafted QB is ready after a presumed redshirt year. Both of them could be gone. Ingram /Pouncy will also be 32 years old by that time as well and Bulaga will be 33.

A lot of their big name starters are most likely going to be off the roster by the time they are really ready with their new QB

I think they've actually done a solid job this year. They have attempted to fix their OL, which shows they know what their weaknesses are. 

Let's see what they do with #6 overall before we call it an off-season

39 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think they've actually done a solid job this year. They have attempted to fix their OL, which shows they know what their weaknesses are. 

Let's see what they do with #6 overall before we call it an off-season

Herd on a few occasions that either their owner or whoever has been in love with Herbert for quite some time. I would be shocked if somehow MIA doesnt end up with Tua and LAC ends up with Herbert. 

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Herd on a few occasions that either their owner or whoever has been in love with Herbert for quite some time. I would be shocked if somehow MIA doesnt end up with Tua and LAC ends up with Herbert. 

Yeah, I said it in the other thread, Herbert and LAC are a natural fit. 

Seems like they're loading up on old guys to fill spots in a year where they're just biding time until whatever young QB they draft is ready to give it a whirl.

They are kinda caught in that awkward middleground, where they've got some young players who are starting to become less young.  So there's a pull toward competing.  But they also have a handful of key young core pieces where you don't really want to just draw even on another year of Rivers or some other old QB, and waste an extra year of those younger guys' prime.  Also feel like injuries last year made it really unclear what exactly they have with that team.  Complicates things.

We've seen QBs come in and make an impact pretty quickly these days.  So that "old team with a young QB" model can kinda work, maybe.  Still does feel a bit like an uncertainty of whether they're coming or going though.

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It'd be interesting if the Chargers are the team that is constantly referenced when it comes to Herbert.  There's so much smoke out there, that it's clear some team thinks this guy is the best QB in the draft, and the last draft too.  I could see that fitting with the moves they've made.  Thinking maybe Tyrod can keep them .500% for a few weeks until Herbert steps in.

Still can't help but think Jordan Love is the guy they're eyeballing though.  Having watched the Chiefs firsthand through the whole meteoric rise of Mahomes...can they resist the sort of "potential Mahomes-lite" project?  Though that obviously makes some of the current moves a little more questionable...unless they think he's going to come in just as early and find his way from there.

Tuh-rod is just a placeholder for a rookie.

If their plan is for him to start and actually win games, the whole FO and coaching staff should be launched into the ocean.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tuh-rod is just a placeholder for a rookie.

Yeah, I don't know how this isn't the consensus response from the group. They are head over heels for Tua/Herbert/Love/Eason and they're saying all the right things about Tyrod just so they can sell up benching Tyrod for Tua/Herbert/Love/Eason in TC. 

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If their plan is for him to start and actually win games, the whole FO and coaching staff should be launched into the ocean.

Tough, but fair discipline. I can get behind that.

This is the biggest chance Tyrod will ever have, I would not be surprised to see him do really well, if they allow him to run around in Lamar fashion. Hes got the athletic profile for it and its his strength and I don't think hes been allowed to do that previously.