Can Somebody tell me what the Chargers are doing?

Nzd07

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tuh-rod is just a placeholder for a rookie.

If their plan is for him to start and actually win games, the whole FO and coaching staff should be launched into the ocean.

Honestly, I wish they'd sign Winston, take a tackle in the first, and then take a rookie quarterback in the second. I just am not a believer in Tyrod at all (I think he's a solid back up) as a startere, and the rest of the team is ready to compete outside of the line, which at least is looking somewhat better with the addition of Turner and swapping Okung for Bulaga. I get that Winston isn't great, but I kind of have more faith in him having this team competitive than I do Tyrod. And even if that's not the case, you can absolutely let them battle it out for the starting role. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I wish they'd sign Winston, take a tackle in the first, and then take a rookie quarterback in the second. I just am not a believer in Tyrod at all (I think he's a solid back up) as a startere, and the rest of the team is ready to compete outside of the line, which at least is looking somewhat better with the addition of Turner and swapping Okung for Bulaga. I get that Winston isn't great, but I kind of have more faith in him having this team competitive than I do Tyrod. And even if that's not the case, you can absolutely let them battle it out for the starting role. 

Taylor is bad, they’re not winning with him.  For all of Winston’s faults, he at least makes plays.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, Nzd07 said:

Outside of letting Melvin Gordon walk (although he didn't cost the Broncos a whole lot), can't think of one move they made that made any sense. All of their FA signings were old guys and they let Rivers walk. Do they really think Tyrod Taylor is better than Rivers?

What? They had one of the best free agencys so far. If not the best.

They let Gordon go, sign dynamic Ekler at a steal, franchise Hunter, bring in a probowl OG and probowl OT, bring in a probowl DT and probowl CB. All at very cost effective deals. One that was a great trade. 

I'm confused, where is the single bad move they made. Im not even being a homer. TT killed it so far this free agency.

Chris Harris is 30

Bulaga just turned 31 two days ago

Turner is 26

Linval is 31

I mean what is considered old in the NFL?

Casey Hayward is 30 as is Melvin Ingram and they both are balling out.

As for QB. If Tyrod made the playoffs with the Bills. He can make it with a much much more talented and stacked team. He obviously isnt long term. But a stop gap, definitely.

In Buffalo and that weather and those winds,  he had 20 tds 6 ints, 64% comp, 99 passer rating and 3000 yds 1 season.  He's gonna surprise people this year. I hope Chargers sogn Robby Anderson as a #3 and try to get a bargain for Trent Williams.

Edited by Bearerofnews