Badger to Packer Annual Thread

badgers0821

Every year (first time in here) I like to take a look at ex-Badgers who will be available in the draft and could potentially be a good fit for the Packers if drafted right (or in some cases DFA). As a Badger and Packer fan I always like to see the connection when/if possible. So here goes, there are three players I feel could fit well with the team.

1. Quintez Cephus - WR - Cephus is the possession type WR I feel the Packers have been lacking outside of Davante. He is strong, boxes out, high-points the ball and always fights for extra yardage. He is also a fairly good blocker downfield. He further provide Rodgers with an additional red zone target.  He isn’t going to outrun defenders or blow by them off the line but I feel with some coaching he can work on being more deceptive with his routes. I think he could be available in the 4th or even 5th, which would be worth it in my eyes.

2. Tyler Biadasz - IOL - Biadasz is a player falling on some draft boards, sometimes all the way to the 3rd round. I still think he is the #1 IOL in the draft. He had a down year in 2019 and was still the best C in the country. His biggest issue is he lacks upside, but most of that is because he is already a polished, plug and play IOL. If the Packers could snag him at the end of the second or God willing the end of the third I would be ecstatic.

3. Chris Orr - ILB - If Chris Orr had better measurable she would be a 1st-2nd round pick. Alas he is a bit undersized so he will most likely be available in the later rounds. His instincts are off the charts and coupling that with his ability to rush the passer I feel a 5th-6th round pick on him could pay huge dividends. I am a little worried about him getting swallowed up in the NFL but as mentioned before he does have excellent instincts and also plays with a ton of passion. Again, I think he’s worth a later round pick if still available.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Look at the list of things Cephus is good at. Look at the list of things Rodgers doesn't utilize. It's the same list. You all hate slow receivers. Why do you want Cephus?

If Biadasz is going to fall to the third round or whatever, wonderful, that makes it real easy to move on from Linsley next year. But we shouldn't be drafting projects in the second round of this class. 

I actually like Orr as a late round flier. But again, don't you all hate bad athlete linebackers that are good football players? He's short and athletically limited. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Look at the list of things Cephus is good at. Look at the list of things Rodgers doesn't utilize. It's the same list. You all hate slow receivers. Why do you want Cephus?

If Biadasz is going to fall to the third round or whatever, wonderful, that makes it real easy to move on from Linsley next year. But we shouldn't be drafting projects in the second round of this class. 

I actually like Orr as a late round flier. But again, don't you all hate bad athlete linebackers that are good football players? He's short and athletically limited. 

I’m not sure who you are referring to as “you all”. Cephus isn’t that slow, Orr isn’t unathletic, and Biadasz isn’t a “project”, he is plug and play.

5 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

I’m not sure who you are referring to as “you all”. Cephus isn’t that slow, Orr isn’t unathletic, and Biadasz isn’t a “project”, he is plug and play.

Cephus ran a god damn 4.73 at the combine.

Orr is 6'0, 224lbs, and ran that 40 in an Indy equivalent of probably 4.73. 

Biadasz is plug and play. For somebody else. He's not starting over Linsley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Project for us, to clarify

How is he a project?  He's a project for one team or he's a project for everyone.  We took Rashan Gary who wasn't a Day 1 starter.  I don't know why they wouldn't take Biadasz if they didn't think he could be a long-term starter.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How is he a project?  He's a project for one team or he's a project for everyone.  We took Rashan Gary who wasn't a Day 1 starter.  I don't know why they wouldn't take Biadasz if they didn't think he could be a long-term starter.

He's either playing immediately or he's a project. Gary should have been playing immediately if he wasn't terrible as a rookie. Biadasz isn't playing immediately. 

We need immediate contributors. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cephus ran a god damn 4.73 at the combine.

Orr is 6'0, 224lbs, and ran that 40 in an Indy equivalent of probably 4.73. 

Biadasz is plug and play. For somebody else. He's not starting over Linsley.

He’s clearly plays faster than a 4.73, but if he is your WR3 as a possession WR it doesn’t matter how fast he can run the 40.

So guys who don’t run fast 40 times aren’t athletic? Got it. Also, I mentioned he was undersized so...

He's either playing immediately or he's a project. Gary should have been playing immediately if he wasn't terrible as a rookie. Biadasz isn't playing immediately. 

You and I have two very different definitions of projects then.  We'd all like immediate contributors, but if you're going to take a lesser prospect because they have a clearer path to playing time, then I'm glad you're not the GM.

• Like 2

He's either playing immediately or he's a project. Gary should have been playing immediately if he wasn't terrible as a rookie. Biadasz isn't playing immediately

That’s fine if that’s your opinion.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You and I have two very different definitions of projects then.  We'd all like immediate contributors, but if you're going to take a lesser prospect because they have a clearer path to playing time, then I'm glad you're not the GM.

So true, how many 3rd rounders start immediately? Not many.

Edited by badgers0821

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If I'm taking a Center, he better be playing very soon, especially if I'm burning a day 2 pick. That's not an edge rusher or a CB or a WR. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20