Badger to Packer Annual Thread

badgers0821

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

we have enough Day 3 capital to trade a few spots up.

What I read from the Combine stuff on the league site, TDN, and other places.

Lesbihonest here....we lost 4 games because opposing teams rammed. the. ball. up. the. middle. and. down. our. throats. What part of that are some of you missing? It's like you weren't even watching the games...

But Raekwon Davis was not good last year playing against college OL.   He doesn't fix any of the problems.

He's big,  looks good, and plays poorly.   Watch the tape again.   He stands around and doesn't effect much at all.   He doesn't effect the run or the pass.

If Davis is available in the late rounds he might be worth a flyer.    Hard to get excited about a player with pretty good Sophomore tape, and progressively gets worse over his last two years.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

we have enough Day 3 capital to trade a few spots up.

Lesbihonest here....we lost 4 games because opposing teams rammed. the. ball. up. the. middle. and. down. our. throats. What part of that are some of you missing? It's like you weren't even watching the games...

But did we get run on because of poor defensive line play, or because of coaching? Obviously replacing the 4 plays where Lowry or Lancaster got straight beat against the 49ers would have helped tremendously, but that wouldn't have fixed the 14 plays where we were just out schemed.  

Just now, hitnhope said:

But Raekwon Davis was not good last year playing against college OL.   He doesn't fix any of the problems.

He's big,  looks good, and plays poorly.   Watch the tape again.   He stands around and doesn't effect much at all.   He doesn't effect the run or the pass.

If Davis is available in the late rounds he might be worth a flyer.    Hard to get excited about a player with pretty good Sophomore tape, and progressively gets worse over his last two years.

Davis is a really good run defender. Come on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

Also, go back and watch the Dallas game. They were running the ball down our throats until their mistakes caught up to them and they were forced to pass. Also, both Minnesota games. Cook ran wild.

Tongue in cheek, but I"d give up my whole draft to get Derrick Brown from Auburn! AGAIN, tongue in cheek. 

Edited by Golfman

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Also, go back and watch the Dallas game. They were running the ball down our throats until their mistakes caught up to them and they were forced to pass. Also, both Minnesota games. Cook ran wild.

? Cook didnt even play in the second game.

In the first game he had one long run of 75 yards.
Outside that, he gained 79 yards on 19 carries. I'll take that all day from a RB of his talents.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

? Cook didnt even play in the second game.

In the first game he had one long run of 75 yards.
Outside that, he gained 79 yards on 19 carries. I'll take that all day from a RB of his talents.

My bad on second game, but most RB make their yards on 2-4 runs. You're saying you'll take a guy getting a 75 yard run and then on the balance of his carries getting over 4 yards a crack. I'm not OK with that at all. 

We were tied for 22nd in the league in rushing defense. That's a problem! 

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think he is all that good a run defender.   Watch the Auburn tape, in a rivalry game.  He constantly stands around watching.  He's appears lazy, and I don't believe he will be much of a pro.   Certainly not one worth drafting in premium rounds.

42 minutes ago, Golfman said:

My bad on second game, but most RB make their yards on 2-4 runs. You're saying you'll take a guy getting a 75 yard run and then on the balance of his carries getting over 4 yards a crack. I'm not OK with that at all. We were tied for 22nd in the league in rushing defense. That's a problem! 

What is this? For lack of anything new to discuss, we're going to "re-debate" what we already know?

Yes - the GBPs weren't terrific against the run in 2019. Check that box and keep it checked. It wont change. Conclusion reached.
Yes - the GBPs won 13 games last year - until having their lunch handed to them by SF - primarily (as in exclusively...) by the run.
Yes - the GBPs in 2020 need to improve their overall run defense.
Yes - I'd take holding a RB of Cook's quality to 79 yards total as a good game. You wouldnt? Fine.

Oh sorry - forgot about your mention of the 75 yard run.

Yes - Cook got us on one. Found a seam and took off. Very "Barry Sander's-like" of him. It can happen to the best of them. He's good and he found a seam.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

What is this? For lack of anything new to discuss, we're going to "re-debate" what we already know?

Yes - the GBPs weren't terrific against the run in 2019. Check that box and keep it checked. It wont change. Conclusion reached.
Yes - the GBPs won 13 games last year - until having their lunch handed to them by SF - primarily (as in exclusively...) by the run.
Yes - the GBPs in 2020 need to improve their overall run defense.
Yes - I'd take holding a RB or Cook's quality to 79 yards total as a good game. You wouldnt? Fine.

Oh sorry - forgot about your mention of the 75 yard run.

Yes - Cook got us on one. Found a seam and took off. Very "Barry Sander's-like" of him. It can happen to the best of them. He's good and he found a seam.

That is the problem. We weren't the 'best of them' on defense! We were far from it!  It needs to improve to make the next step. I assume we want to win a Super Bowl. We aren't winning a Super Bowl when a team can run for 280+ yards on us in the NFC Championship game and only throw the ball 8 times. It's not a nuanced point, it's pretty matter of fact. 

As for the 'lack of new discussion' you replied to me if you remember correctly! 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

That is the problem. We weren't the 'best of them' on defense! We were far from it!  It needs to improve to make the next step. I assume we want to win a Super Bowl. We aren't winning a Super Bowl when a team can run for 280+ yards on us in the NFC Championship game and only throw the ball 8 times. It's not a nuanced point, it's pretty matter of fact. As for the 'lack of new discussion' you replied to me if you remember correctly! 

I replied to your inaccurate comment about Cook and wondered why this entire "2019 discussion" of known facts is being debated again. All known points. Hopefully the IDL will be addressed this off season. Stay tuned. Pictures at 11.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. There's only so many guys with the length, size, and athletic ability to play this thing, but I'm not sure I could handle Gary and Davis in this thing together. That's a ton of college underachieving hanging out on this DL.

This team doesn't need another run plug. It needs a legitimate 3 and 5

Anybody else shutting down the Raekwon Davis hype after yesterday. Yikes. 

Guess who all of the above quotes are taken from?

Edited by hitnhope

35 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

1. There's only so many guys with the length, size, and athletic ability to play this thing, but I'm not sure I could handle Gary and Davis in this thing together. That's a ton of college underachieving hanging out on this DL.

This team doesn't need another run plug. It needs a legitimate 3 and 5

Anybody else shutting down the Raekwon Davis hype after yesterday. Yikes. 

Guess who all of the above quotes are taken from?

None of which says anything about Davis being a bad run defender. Davis is a very good run defender. It's elsewhere where he falls short. There's not an easier projection to an upgrade anywhere in this draft than Davis replacing Lancaster. 

The problem is, do you hit a value point in the second round where Davis replacing Lancaster is worth sacrifing a 2nd round pick

He isn't a "very good run defender".   He is decent at the college level,  with a chance to be a good run defender.

If your stance is that getting Davis in the non-premium rounds would be a good move, then we can agree.   He has a chance to be decent against the run.   You don't invest high picks in that type of player.    I'm guessing that is what you mean with your second sentence.

The person I responded to has made many posts advocating taking Davis in the 1st two rounds.     I happen to think that is a terrible idea.   You have to do better than that with premium picks. 

• Like 1