Who will be better? Bucs or Pats?

Riftty

After 20 years of dominance, we final get to settle if it was Bill or Tom that made the greatest dynasty ever seen. Or if they were just simply two halves to a whole. So who will be better? Tom and the high flying offense of the bucs. Or Bill and the stout defense of the pats?

Edited by Riftty
  • Like 1

That's tough. Belichick is still the GOAT coach, and not a bad GM, either. However, his old formula was underpaying a spectacular QB, and overpaying a bunch of above average supporting players. Last year things got jumbled, and the skill players around the QB stunk, were injured, or disappeared. The line was also average.

Prompting Brady to jump ship. I think the Pats will remain competitive, but have a really bad record this year. (Say...6-10.)

The Bucs will contend, provided they improve their O line a bit. 

I don't see how it would prove anything.  Belichick is clearly a great coach, but I could see the Patriots being a 7-9/8-8 team if not worse.  The defense will almost certainly not be as good as they were most of last year and the offense could be among the worst.

Not sure how I feel about the Bucs yet.  Arians/Brady is a weird combination and their offensive line is questionable.  Bucs are an easy bet when compared to the Patriots though.

Edited by iknowcool

Buccs. I think fewer turnovers will help translate losses into wins. 

I just don't see how NE fix their offence. I really can see them having a frustrating season, all the teams in their division will/should be better this season too. Dolphins and Bills anyway.

Pats defense is going to regress in a big way IMO. Losing KVN, Jamie Collins, Elandon Roberts, Danny Shelton, and Duron Harmon is going to make things tough on a unit that overachieved. 

Not really sure one season proves anything. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

overpaying a bunch of above average supporting players. 

How so? They’ve whiffed on FAs at times, but the big players were usually their home grown guys (McCourty, Wilfork, Hightower, even them not really overpaid) and a couple big FAs (Gilmore, Revis). If anything, they’ve been frugal with overpaying their players. 

18 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

How so? They’ve whiffed on FAs at times, but the big players were usually their home grown guys (McCourty, Wilfork, Hightower, even them not really overpaid) and a couple big FAs (Gilmore, Revis). If anything, they’ve been frugal with overpaying their players. 

I agree with that. However, we're both right. I suppose I should have explained the situation in more detail than I did. 

• Like 1

I’m easily taking the Pats in this scenario. I trust them to put together a playoff team regardless of the QB because of BB. But if they get a healthy and highly motivated Cam Newton at their disposal, they’re going to be absolutely scary. And I think they will acquire Cam for what it’s worth.

• Like 1