Who will be better? Bucs or Pats?

Riftty

Bucs.

Pats have major holes right now on both sides of the ball, and very little cap space with which to operate unless they trade/cut multiple key players. 

They also have one of the league's toughest schedules coming into the season. 

Unless Stidham is secretly the second coming of Steve Young, or Belichick's system is indeed magic, it's looking like a 6-10 season right now.

Edited by Starless

• 3 weeks later...

There is no reason to pick the Patriots right now, they don't have QB, their WRs, TEs and RBs are questionable at best. The Oline coach retired and the Oline did look bad last season on top of that. The defense is going to regress just by the fact that they overachieved not to mention they lost players. This team looks like a 8-8 team at best. 

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

There is no reason to pick the Patriots right now, they don't have QB, their WRs, TEs and RBs are questionable at best. The Oline coach retired and the Oline did look bad last season on top of that. The defense is going to regress just by the fact that they overachieved not to mention they lost players. This team looks like a 8-8 team at best. 

It looks like a 4 win team, but it has BB :D so I also have us 8-8.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, Riftty said:

After 20 years of dominance, we final get to settle if it was Bill or Tom that made the greatest dynasty ever seen. Or if they were just simply two halves to a whole. So who will be better? Tom and the high flying offense of the bucs. Or Bill and the stout defense of the pats?

If Belichick were to sign Jameis Winston to the Patriots, it would make for some very interesting debate.  We could look at how each team does with a change in QBs and it would give people who like to debate this whole topic a lot of new information to use for their side of the argument.  

You guys are forgetting the fact that the patriots play in the AFC East. Listen I am a jets fan who lives in Buffalo and follow the Jets and Bills very closely. Neither the Jets or Bills pose a threat to the Pats. Now I know what you're saying, Buffalo is a good team on the come up. No they aren't. Look at the teams they beat last year, absolute garbage. They had one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen Yeah they went 11-5 or whatever but they didn't actually beat any quality opponents. The Mariota led Titans was their most impressive win and they barely won the game. And look at the two games they played against New England last season. Tom Brady literally did nothing and they still couldn't touch them. That defense as well as any somewhat good defense is just too much for Josh Allen to handle he is absolute garbage. The Jets obviously have major holes and won't be contenders in 2020 unless Sam Darnold plays at an MVP Level and don't get me started on Miami. New England is winning this division easily.

As for the Bucs well they are in the same division as New Orleans so needless to say they won't be winning the South. Brady made a mistake imo and the only reason he left that I can reasonably think of is Belichick didn't want him back. He probably saw what the rest of us saw last season and realized he's just not the same player anymore. He just looked flat out old.

Edited by Greene N White

Buffalo's schedule next season

Pats, Jets, Dolphins each twice

Rams

Seahawks

Niners

Arizona

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Raiders

Broncos

Chargers

Let's say they go 4-2 in the division. I don't see a shot in hell of them winning 6 of those remaining games therefore the division could be won by new England with 9 wins this season.

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Let's say they go 4-2 in the division. I don't see a shot in hell of them winning 6 of those remaining games therefore the division could be won by new England with 9 wins this season.

I think you're vastly, VASTLY underrating Buffalo. That defense alone is going to win 7-8 games, and progression from Josh Allen with a new WR in Stefon Diggs will be good for a few more wins.

Buffalo will be a surprise challenger for a playoff bye, IMO.