Trade idea! Thoughts?

Wolzen

Ok so I think the big 3 WR will be off the board when we pick. And most likely the top 2 OT. I do believe that a QB will be sitting there and someone like NE will want to move up. Now the question would be for what? The math breaks down like this. We trade #15 for 24, 87,98 and a 21 4th round pick.  Do you make the move and who do you pick @ 24? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

No. We have plenty of picks this year and don’t need any more at the sacrifice of a blue chip talent. Only way I’d consider is if NE offered a 2nd next year and a 3rd this year. 

You would have 5 3ed round picks. You could move back into the 1st or 2ed to pick up another stud. While still picking up talent in rounds 2 and 3... 

• Like 1

When was the last time NE moves up in R1? Honestly that package would be tempting, but the 3WR and top 2 OT being gone by 15 mean other talents are falling. Kinlaw could be available, Simmons (Miracles happen! jk not a chance), and the other two OT's that are presumably still on the board would all be nice picks. 

I find it hard to believe that the 3WR, 4OT, Simons, Kinlaw, Brown and Young are all gone at 15. Those are all high impact, blue chip guys IMO (Albeit I am wary on Brown, seems to have little flash). If they are all gone, I trade down despite already having a wealth of picks. You cant force value. 

• Like 1

If a team wants one person badly enough they will pay to move up at book prices or better.  But if that special guy isn’t there book price doesn’t apply either as it’s too high.  

The Pats have traditionally move down not up.   I don’t see the QB class left as someone that will entice them to change that view.   I know it could apply to other teams but this offseason is different in that the vet talent supply outweighs the demand.   That situation has really suppressed the QB market.   It’s hard to see how it will shake out after Tua & Herbert go.  

Sadly if there’s big movement it seems like it’s going to be for Tua.   The buzz on other guys not even close to the same degree.  

Now on our end - assuming 3 QB do get picked before 15 seems safe.   The odds that a difference maker a marked tier above In the ceiling / floor is there compared to what’s left at 20’s seems really high.     Last year when we were at 10 the drop to 20 wasn’t that high.   Why trading down made sense on paper.   But if we are sitting on 1 of the top 4 T or top 3 WR at 15, a D guy like Simmons (ok lets face it not happening) or even Kinlaw as overall BPA then it’s an easy no.  That tier of talent won’t be there at the 20’s.   

Edited by Broncofan

At the non-QB positions, I’ve got a drop-off after the top 11. I’m also assuming that three QB’s are going before pick 15. So if the board falls perfectly terrible for us, I’d be willing to move down (preferably to a spot where Kenneth Murray was still available.) But I’d also be shocked if the board fell exactly awfully for us, so most likely I’d wanna sit at 15. 

16 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

At the non-QB positions, I’ve got a drop-off after the top 11. I’m also assuming that three QB’s are going before pick 15. So if the board falls perfectly terrible for us, I’d be willing to move down (preferably to a spot where Kenneth Murray was still available.) But I’d also be shocked if the board fell exactly awfully for us, so most likely I’d wanna sit at 15. 

Why not trade up with a 3rd?

19 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I did this today as well and came up with 12;

Young

simmons

wirfs

okudah

becton

thomas

wills (he’s the only one I’m not sure of)

juedy

lamb

ruggs

brown

kinlaw

5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I did this today as well and came up with 12;

Young

simmons

wirfs

okudah

becton

thomas

wills (he’s the only one I’m not sure of)

juedy

lamb

ruggs

brown

kinlaw

My list is the same, except I’m not aboard the Ruggs hype train like most. If he’s the pick at 15, I won’t complain, as him, Murray, and Henderson are at the top of my next tier, but I’d rather move down 5 spots and get another 3rd as opposed to staying put and picking him. 

27 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

My list is the same, except I’m not aboard the Ruggs hype train like most. If he’s the pick at 15, I won’t complain, as him, Murray, and Henderson are at the top of my next tier, but I’d rather move down 5 spots and get another 3rd as opposed to staying put and picking him. 

Fair enough.   I’m not sure on Ruggs myself either I much prefer Lamb, but sure sounds like John loves him some Ruggs