Brownie Man's Isaiah Simmons Mock vs Jedrick Wills Mock

brownie man

Simmons Mock Vs Oline Mock   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have

• Simmons Mock Give me a dynamic defensive playmaker
    • Oline Put protecting Baker first

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-mock-draft-7-round-post-free-agency/5/

I'm using this as a reference for what players are available at what picks

In this mock the draft goes

1. Burrow

2. Chase

3.Okudah 

4. Wirfs

5.Tua

6.Herbert

So the situation is either trading our second third rounder to move up to pick 7 for Simmons OR staying put at 10 and taking Wills

7. LB/S Isaiah Simmons  Clemson

2nd. OT Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn

3rd. S Ashtyn Davis Cal

4. DE Alton Robinson Syracuse

6. RB Joshua Kelly UCLA 

7. WR Binjimin Victor Ohio State 

OR

10. OT Jedrick Wills Alabama 

2nd. S Grant Delpit LSU / Antoine Winfield Jr Minnesota (Either works for me here)

3a. LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech 

3b. TE Albert Okwuegbunam Missouri 

4. DE Alton Robinson Syracuse 

6. RB Joshua Kelly UCLA

7. WR Binjimin Victor Ohio State 

I'm taking the Simmons mock. I just believe we can still get a tackle in the second and address the safety position in the draft as well. 

Edited by brownie man

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

2nd. S Grant Delpit LSU / Antoine Winfield Jr Minnesota (Either works for me here)

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ede94c3ebdb3f6a8ce

-----------

Grant Delpit is cheek cheeks in the 1st.

He's cheeks in the 2nd.

In the 3rd, he's meh.

In the 4th, he's whatever.

----------

The best Tackle in the draft with all-pro ability as identified by a wide-array of trusted, respected traditional football scouting analysts and analytic experts.

-OR-

Trade up and give up draft capital for an all-world athlete Linebacker?

Positional value alone says that Wills is the clear decision as there are going to be LBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that can provide the quality and level of production/impact Simmons is likely to provide, but even with the best 2nd round Tackles their production and impact is very likely to pale in comparison to Jedrick Wills' impact/production over the course of time.

The choice is clear and not just because I'm all in on Wills as the decision of OT1 over giving up draft capital to get LB1 makes sense for those that believe Mekhi Becton or whoever is their OT1.

Edited by Mind Character

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ede94c3ebdb3f6a8ce

-----------

Grant Delpit is cheek cheeks in the 1st.

He's cheeks in the 2nd.

In the 3rd, he's meh.

In the 4th, he's whatever.

----------

The best Tackle in the draft with all-pro ability as identified by a wide-array of trusted, respected traditional football scouting analysis and analytic experts.

-OR-

Trade up and give up draft capital for all-world athlete Linebacker?

Positional value alone says that Wills is the clear decision as there are going to be LBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that can provide the quality and level of production/impact Simmons is likely to provide, but even with the best 2nd round Tackles their production and impact is very likely to pale in comparison to Jedrick Wills' impact/production over the course of time.

The choice is clear and not just because I'm all in on Wills as the decision of OT1 over giving up draft capital to get LB1 makes sense for those that believe Mekhi Becton or whoever is their OT1.

Don’t encourage him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I just think Simmons is a HOF player I really do. 

We’ve got to play Lamar and Mahomes For the next decade to get to the Super Bowl 

I think he’s the perfect weapon to be able to give those QBs problems 

Lamar doesn’t worry me.

Mahomes is a nightmare, but the key to stopping him is outscoring them or getting elite pressure with 4 guys. Simmons wouldn’t help any of that. He’d hold Kelce in check maybe, but he doesn’t help us stop his improvising or Hill, the two biggest problems. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Lamar doesn’t worry me.

Mahomes is a nightmare, but the key to stopping him is outscoring them or getting elite pressure with 4 guys. Simmons wouldn’t help any of that. He’d hold Kelce in check maybe, but he doesn’t help us stop his improvising or Hill, the two biggest problems. 

Man I think Part of Mahomes kills team with his legs. Some of those drives that in games were his making plays with his feet. 

Think about when they beat the Titans with his touchdown run.  It wasn’t his arm it was his legs that changed the game. 

If we had a 4.39 weapon that could spy him and allow our corners and safeties to stay in coverage that’d be huge for us 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man I think Part of Mahomes kills team with his legs. Some of those drives that in games were his making plays with his feet. 

Think about when they beat the Titans with his touchdown run.  It wasn’t his arm it was his legs that changed the game. 

If we had a 4.39 weapon that could spy him and allow our corners and safeties to stay in coverage that’d be huge for us 

Or two pass rushers to stop him. 

You can’t delegate a spy to Mahomes. They have too many weapons to waste a defender in a spy and leave single matchups everywhere. We would get shredded. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Or two pass rushers to stop him. 

You can’t delegate a spy to Mahomes. They have too many weapons to waste a defender in a spy and leave single matchups everywhere. We would get shredded. 

Doesn’t have to be every play or even in a zone coverage. You’d be crazy to think running spy wouldn’t ever sdd

value against Mahomes. 
Don’t forget Burrow too we have to effect the passing game.  

like any of the 4 tackles

2 Grant Delpit not a big fan like Gladney more because he has more speed then 90 percent of the receivers

Forget linebackers sign Baltimores linebackers next year.

Simmons if he falls to you yes no way you trade are picks considering that we have holes to fill after the give away of the geeks.