12th Man Rise Up - Introduce Yourself!!!

showtime

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@ditchdigger if you’re going to switch teams do it right.

I picked the Bills. Lake Erie connection plus they’re in the playoffs.

I picked them because Paul Allen is about as good of human being that you'll find that owns and NFL franchise.

To quote Phil Savage's email to a fan a decade ago, "#@*% you, go root for Buffalo".

I'm at peace with my choice.

@NateDawg, please don't sully this pristine ground with gifs of that turd. You're embarrassing me in front of my new friends.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 4:40 PM, ditchdigger said:

2wf4ftg.jpg

Your life
Username: ditchdigger
State you were born in: PA
State you live in now: OH
Something unique about you: I have given up on the Browns after 30 years

Your love of the Seahawks
When did you start following the Seahawks: today
What made you become a fan: my faltering team was bought by a human underwear stain and became too awful for me to endure anymore
Favorite current Seahawk(s): Nickel Vannett
All-time favorite Seahawk(s): Joey Galloway
Favorite moment in team history: SB48, embarrassing the hated Broncos

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Cleveland Cavaliers and Indians, Columbus Blue Jackets, Ohio State Buckeyes
Hobbies outside of football: cars, home remodeling
Favorite movie: Dazed and Confused
Favorite TV Show: Mr. Robot
Favorite band: Clutch

Been a Browns fan on this site a long time, and just decided recently to give up on the team. I chose the Seahawks, because they came into existence the same year as I did, and lime me, the switched from the AFC to the NFC. Those are the trivial reasons, but the real reason is that I respect the owner more than any other in the NFL. If I was going to leave my team of 30 years because the owner was trash, I would be leaving for a team who had an owner I could respect and support. 

Coming from a forum that has some threads with more Posts than this entire forum will take some adjustment, but I am here to boost those numbers and talk about my new team! I'm in!

Is this serious?

On 1/6/2018 at 12:50 PM, showtime said:

Is this serious?

As serious as I can get on here. I can no longer support a Jimmy Haslam owned team.

I am indeed in. Haven't been posting because I'm doing a lot of reading up on the team needs and issues being faced this offseason. I want to know what I'm talking about when I post. Will get more involved soon.

9 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

As serious as I can get on here. I can no longer support a Jimmy Haslam owned team.

I am indeed in. Haven't been posting because I'm doing a lot of reading up on the team needs and issues being faced this offseason. I want to know what I'm talking about when I post. Will get more involved soon.

In that case welcome!  I have a feeling the Cleveland Browns are going to get it turned around soon if they draft a QB and another blue chip prospect both in the top four picks.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

In that case welcome!  I have a feeling the Cleveland Browns are going to get it turned around soon if they draft a QB and another blue chip prospect both in the top four picks.

Thank you. I have had a soft spot for the Seahawks ever since a phantom holding call took away a Super Bowl trophy that was rightfully theirs and gave it to the Steelers.

As for my former team, I've been saying that since '99, and believing it. Won't happen the way things are set up there organizationally. Plus, whoever they are getting at QB will be ruined by Hue Jackson. From the top down, the entire franchise is set up for failure, and compounds that failure with one stupid decision after another. No draft class will save it.

I wish those players success, but like many others before them, they will have to seek it elsewhere. 

Would be nice for me if one of them landed on the Seahawks roster.

Edited by ditchdigger

On 9/20/2017 at 1:37 PM, showtime said:

2wf4ftg.jpg

Your life
Username: One Punch Man
State you were born in: WA
State you live in now: WA
Something unique about you: Nothing

When did you start following the Seahawks: Always followed them, as I tried to follow all NFL teams when I initially invested myself. Right after TO retired though, I started following them more carefully.
What made you become a fan: Pete Carroll hiring. I’m a USC fan. Never had a favorite NFL team before his hiring.
Favorite current Seahawk(s): Bobby Wagner/KJ Wright (met him at a party once)
All-time favorite Seahawk(s): Walter Jones, or Shaun Alexander
Favorite moment in team history:

Your interests
Other favorite teams: USC Trojans... I show favor towards the Vikings and Saints.
Hobbies outside of football: Writing, Reading, Eating
Favorite movie: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Favorite TV Show: Too many to pick... Supernatural, New Girl, The Office, fair amount of Anime.. big YouTube guy.
Favorite music artists/collectives: Bon Iver, Novo Amor, Active Child, The Civil Wars, The National, Schoolboy Q, Kendrick Lamar, Tory Lanez, Lil Uzi, Young Thug, Kodak Black, $uicideboy$

• 2 months later...

2wf4ftg.jpg

Your life
Username: Ryan_W
State you were born in: Toronto ,ON
State you live in now: BC, Canada
Something unique about you: played an undefeated season senior year as a short FS. what a great way to learn the game, everyone else had the hard jobs.

When did you start following the Seahawks: 5 years back or so coinciding with the warm weather that is Russell Wilson
What made you become a fan: a lot of shopping trips to Washington State, my wife went to U Dubya for a few years
Favorite current Seahawk(s): probably just Russell, the injury bug has really prevented a lot of players from building on a legacy
All-time favorite Seahawk(s): maybe Largent, but I'm kind of guessing
Favorite moment in team history: SB48, the safety on the first play. it was very Yakkity-Sax

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Packers or Saints
Hobbies outside of football: I like youtube tutorials that teach me how to do stuff. I play a lot of cards or role-playing games.
Favorite movie: I don't know if I have one; I watched Pacific Rim a couple years back, and I don't think it's winning anything for original screenplay but I loved it.
Favorite TV Show: I guess I binge watch old series' like Colombo or M*A*S*H. I bought 7 seasons of House, I like mysteries or Sherlock Holmes type-things.
Favorite band: something 70-80's classic rock

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Your life
Username: TheChancellor
State you were born in: Not from the US actually, born in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia
State you live in now: Zagreb, Croatia
Something unique about you: Apparently, only 2% of the worlds population has green eyes, so it's a fun trivial fact to have green eyes and be left handed, which is probably an even smaller percentage

When did you start following the Seahawks: In the 2017 off-season, soon after the Super Bowl.

What made you become a fan: As a sports fan from Europe, I always loved soccer, basketball and most other sports, and I've been a dedicated fan since, and last year I've come across a few playoff games and became really intrigued with the sport. I quickly became interested because it was such a unique sport in many ways, and as a college student who will hopefully major in sports journalism it just felt like a proper time to learn about the game and establish an emotional connection as I have with soccer and basketball in general, as well as with two teams in those sports. So every day of learning about the game was incredibly fun and I wanted to take my time with choosing my team. But the Seahawks were always in the back of my head. In part due to their name, in part due to their gorgeous jerseys (which I feel are one of the best in all sports) and in part due to the community. As an European fan it felt easier to connect with a smaller fanbase, such as this (which I view as a plus) and it was important for me to be in a culture that isn't just about success on the field, but about companionship off it as well. One final deciding factor was the fact that the only family I have in the US, which is my cousin, lives in Seattle, so it's not entirely impossible for me to actually come and visit this great city one day.

Favorite current Seahawk(s): Russell Wilson, because he is not only a great player, but a great man, and Kam Chancellor because I feel like he is the embodiment of the physical nature and power of this sport.

All-time favorite Seahawk(s): I feel like it is too early to tell because I've been enjoying this team and the journey for just over a year now

Favorite moment in team history: I wasn't around a few years ago when the team won the Super Bowl, so for now it is last season's away win against the Rams. A low scoring game, but I loved the intensity of the match, the defensive performance which was probably a reminder of the peak L.O.B. days, as well as the fact that the game came down to the wire. That win felt like a statement.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: FC Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Hobbies outside of football: Soccer, basketball, bodybuilding, college, movies, video games.
Favorite movie: The original Star Wars trilogy, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Sing Street, and many more.
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Favorite band: Hollywood Undead

Happy to be here. I haven't been a Seahawks fan (or a football fan, in general) for long,  but I've got nothing but love for the community and the team from my experience so far.

Edited by TheChancellor

• 2 weeks later...

Your life

Username: DanielXV

State you were born in: Vienna, Austria

State you live in now: Vienna, Austria 

Something unique about you: - 

When did you start following the Seahawks: 2012

What made you become a fan: Russell Wilson 

Favorite current Seahawk(s): Russell Wilson 

All-time favorite Seahawk(s): Russell Wilson

Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLVII Victory

Your interests

Other favorite teams: Eagles

Hobbies outside of football: Soccer

Favorite movie: Pirates of the Caribbean 

Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones 

Favorite band: Sunrise Avenue 

• 1 year later...

Your life
Username: madcratebuilder
State you were born in: Orygun
State you live in now: Orygun
Something unique about you: still alive

When did you start following the Seahawks: 1976
What made you become a fan: NW team and Jim Zorn
Favorite current Seahawk(s): Russ Wilson
All-time favorite Seahawk(s): Russ Wilson
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl Victory

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Saints
Hobbies outside of football: Off Road 4X4
Favorite movie: Shane, A Fist full of Dollars, A few Dollars More.
Favorite TV Show: Live PD
Favorite band: Tull, Who, Eagles

• Like 1