Random Thoughts

dll2000

Happy Quarantine Everyone! Or unhappy one perhaps.  Actually I am going in to work today for a bit.  I have essential’ work to do.  Some anyway.  

Everyone is praying for health and that is wonderful, but I am also praying for our posters financial health and provision as economy really ramps down.  Going to be some hard times ahead for many who lose work or non-salaried people (I fall in later category).  

Who do you think will start at QB week one?  I think it depends on what summer/spring practice schedule is like.   If virus scare dies down and OTAs happen, I would think that gives Foles a major leg up over rehabilitating MT.

I also think Bears have kind of thought about who they want to start already and that guy has major leg up at beginning.  Not sure who that is though. Maybe Nagy wants Foles and Pace wants MT even.  Who knows for sure?  But I think those guys communicate well and don’t hide thoughts from each other.  So I believe they may disagree, but have decided to be on same page to start.

In Foles we have kind of the most wide swing of results in a QB ever.  They said good Rex/bad Rex about Grossman, but Grossman didn’t swing nearly as wide as Foles.   Foles is both best ever and absolutely terrible and just mediocre.  Kinda crazy.

There are a lot of names on Bears roster right now who I have no idea who they are.  

Spot trac has us with 4 centers, 1 tackle, two right tackles and a guard.  

Way too early predictions for 2020:

1) C. Patterson plays a much larger role in O than last year, but still not that big of one.

2) Our young guys who underperformed last year; Daniels, Smith, Nichols, have a bounce back year.  

3) Tolliver wins starting CB job opposite Fuller.  

4) TEs are Harris, Graham, Burton, Horstead and Holtz who doubles as FB so they keep 5.  

5) Shaheen plays a ton of preseason and how he does will determine if he makes the team.  

6) Bush wins SS job unless Bears draft a S in 2nd and maybe even then.  

7) Bars makes 53 and if Bears don’t draft an OL in 2nd, starts at least one game in regular season (on offense).

😎 sad prediction:  Trevathan is hurt and out by game 9 and Miller hurts his shoulder again or is hampered by it.  

9) If Graham and Burton get hurt then Horstead gets U job and may keep it for foreseeable future.

10) Bears make playoffs.

Pre season for Bears will be about 100x more interesting this year as there will be many real position battles at stake unlike last year.

• Like 1

Watching Buffalo play it looks like Edmunds is going to be best MLB in the league soon, maybe this season.  

Like I said before draft, big and fast and good is better than small and fast and good.  Still up in air at this point, but I am thinking winner is going to be Edmunds.  

I still like Roquan.  

Most of my random thoughts are about family and friends and constantly checking in on their health.  The two I worry about most are my 95 year old Pop and a daughter whose an RN in a VA Medical Center.  I know how I'm doing but I worry about how they're doing.

As for the Bears I see at least some of the fog lifting.  Except for RG and some upgrades or depth on the OL and DL Pace has taken care of the major issues which was no small task given how little cap he had to work with and still sign vet experience at four key positions.  We really should be giving him and Joey Laine some credit for that instead of bitching about the Graham deal which isn't all that bad.

Three positions seem to have several round worth of depth in this draft; OL, S, and WR and those are positions he seems to have bypassed in FA other than re-signing Bush and adding Jordan Lucas as SS so Paces plans for the draft are becoming more clear as well.  It wouldn't shock me to see him doing some trading to add 3rd and 4th round picks either.  That kinda fits his style of draft day hijinks.

Other than that I'm content to wait out a whole lot of things including a new business partnership that has been delayed and will probably continue to be delayed by our quarantining.  So I'm planning some serious belt tightening for awhile.  No trips and no new guitars. LOL

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone is praying for health and that is wonderful, but I am also praying for our posters financial health and provision as economy really ramps down.  Going to be some hard times ahead for many who lose work or non-salaried people (I fall in later category).  

I also think Bears have kind of thought about who they want to start already and that guy has major leg up at beginning.  Not sure who that is though. Maybe Nagy wants Foles and Pace wants MT even.  Who knows for sure?  But I think those guys communicate well and don’t hide thoughts from each other.  So I believe they may disagree, but have decided to be on same page to start.

1) C. Patterson plays a much larger role in O than last year, but still not that big of one.

2) Our young guys who underperformed last year; Daniels, Smith, Nichols, have a bounce back year.  

3) Tolliver wins starting CB job opposite Fuller.  

4) TEs are Harris, Graham, Burton, Horstead and Holtz who doubles as FB so they keep 5.  

5) Shaheen plays a ton of preseason and how he does will determine if he makes the team.  

6) Bush wins SS job unless Bears draft a S in 2nd and maybe even then.  

7) Bars makes 53 and if Bears don’t draft an OL in 2nd, starts at least one game in regular season (on offense).

8) sad prediction:  Trevathan is hurt and out by game 9 and Miller hurts his shoulder again or is hampered by it.  

9) If Graham and Burton get hurt then Horstead gets U job and may keep it for foreseeable future.

10) Bears make playoffs.

Pre season for Bears will be about 100x more interesting this year as there will be many real position battles at stake unlike last year.

I too spend a lot of time worrying about the economy, but watching the success and failure of other countries' health systems, I am quite certain that the USA is going to be one of the worst-off nations in a few weeks time.  Any wishy-washy BS about softening public health measures to mitigate damage to the economy is short sighted and bound to make things worse.  Decent chance my business goes under this year. Still on board with doing the boring and painful work of not spreading this thing around.  

I think Foles starts. That was a big move to walk back from, and he may end up being better than Mitch, especially if Mitch gets shaken by just having Foles around. The thing that is likely going to doom Mitch is his head;  after Packers week 1 he played like-and admitted he was-someone with no confidence.  Also seems like there's a decent chance we see both start this year, and this year is likely going to suck. 

1) not prepared to speculate on CP right now,  they're going to draft the O heavy, and I have the feeling we'll get a talented WR in 2 who will hopefully earn playing time. 

2) Agree on all, especially Daniels

3) Roberson!

4) No Braunecker?

5) Ehhhh, think he's gone already and doesn't steal time from someone better

6) I thin Bush gets it by default, and not excited about that.  My strongest impression of him is wondering where he was since getting drafted, then watching him give up a lot of plays in the Eagles PO game

7) Sounds right

8) I too have the worst feeling Miller is an injury bust coming

9) GAH

10) Bet you a cigar they don't (only cigar I have is left over from someones kid who was born 2 years ago, and just guessing that it's not very good)

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

10) Bet you a cigar they don't (only cigar I have is left over from someones kid who was born 2 years ago, and just guessing that it's not very good)

I lost a bet last year on Bears and had to eat a ton of crow.  No more bets.  

My hope would be that if they do draft a TE it's on Day 3.  We're well enough fixed for 2020 so I would wait for a better crop of rookies than we're seeing this year.  Let's see what we've got in some of the guys we added last year like Horsted and Raymond.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Here's a random thought topic:

What does everyone here do for a living?

I'm a semi-retired financial consultant but don't tell my family about that.  They all think I'm a piano player in a whore house. :D

• Like 1

I teach high school English as an Additional Language  [new refugee kids].

They shut down school last week for the first time in my lifetime. Our city in 1997 almost got wiped out by a flood and we didn't miss a single day even as people were evacuated from the outer suburbs.

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I teach high school English as an Additional Language  [new refugee kids].

They shut down school last week for the first time in my lifetime. Our city in 1997 almost got wiped out by a flood and we didn't miss a single day even as people were evacuated from the outer suburbs.

You live in Canada, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?