Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

Random Thoughts - Quarantine Edition

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Just make sure you are, dude. Not everybody that catches the virus gets out of it as easily as I did. It kills people of all ages, too. Stay healthy, okay? We like having you around here. Well, maybe not that avatar, but that's another topic altogether...:D

I appreciate the concern brother in all seriousness.  Love you too.  

Death comes for us all.  When my time comes I am ready. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WindyCity said:

In Canada we are are pretty conservative about coming out of this lock down. Things have been eased, but most people I know are still being pretty strict.

We look at that Lake of the Ozarks party or the boardwalks in Maryland and just shake our heads.

The “not wearing a mask because it violates my rights” crew are the most confounding to us. I am not sure why putting a mask on to go into a store for 45 minutes to protect the minimum wage workers is that big of a deal. I don’t find it comfortable, but I also think the 19 year old ringing through my groceries deserves to be healthy.

America: Land of the Free and Home Of the Moron

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Best case scenario for the US at this point is that either the effect of the virus has been vastly overstated, or summer temp and UV are a magic bullet, because man oh man do we as a culture not have the ability to give up our pleasures and conveniences when asked.  Imagine if in WW2 people were in an air raid but didn't want to turn off their lights so they could read?  Seems like an awful lot of people are taking a perverse pride in being irresponsible, it's like driving the wrong way on the highway and saying it's your right to express yourself. 

I work outside a lot right now, and it is astonishing how far some people are willing to go to NOT take any responsibility.  Walked by a 30' charter fishing boat with about 12 old fat dudes on it who were going out of their way to heckle anyone in a mask, including calling a ~12yr old kid a ******.  It's not just not wanting to do what you're told, lots of people seem to be deciding to be as aggressive as possible about it.  My friend who is a Dr in WI had to close down their ER as some guy walked in and started screaming and spitting on people.  My friend who is a cop on the west side says they don't want to get out of the cars unless absolutely necessary as they already know they're going to have people that cough in their faces.  I'm just so sick of all this ****, where everything has to be part of some righteous fight, as loudly as possible, and hopefully on video. 

Edited by RunningVaccs
eh, rosen, sure
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tyty said:

America: Land of the Free and Home Of the Moron

It’s the anger I don’t get. Like people just wander around looking to get into a fight about something.

Everyone is an angry victim who needs someone to attack.

The manager of the grocery store is doing his job when he asks you to put on a mask, you know that, you are looking to be angry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It’s the anger I don’t get. Like people just wander around looking to get into a fight about something.

Everyone is an angry victim who needs someone to attack.

The manager of the grocery store is doing his job when he asks you to put on a mask, you know that, you are looking to be angry.

Catastrophe movies are accurate in documenting the fear of people but not the stupidity. Other countries have shown keeping on with staying home and distancing will get you where you need to be. But just this Monday, in Michigan where everything is more on lockdown than a lot of other states, we had hundreds of people at each of our beaches. It got so out of hand that an entire beach town next to me got shut down. I think covid cases are about to skyrocket in my area. We only had a handful of cases before this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyty said:

Catastrophe movies are accurate in documenting the fear of people but not the stupidity. Other countries have shown keeping on with staying home and distancing will get you where you need to be. But just this Monday, in Michigan where everything is more on lockdown than a lot of other states, we had hundreds of people at each of our beaches. It got so out of hand that an entire beach town next to me got shut down. I think covid cases are about to skyrocket in my area. We only had a handful of cases before this. 

My mom works in a hosptial, and is selling their old house in a nicer western suburb.  One of the neighbors was having a party the other week and asked her to join them and have a little going away drink, my mom is pretty polite so declined and pointed out that it wasn't safe to have so many people in a pool or hanging out so closely. The neighbor apparently started telling her about how the cases were inflated, lots of it was made up, etc.  Keep in mind she works at the hospital that had the first cases outside Chicago in Illinois, and spent the first part of her career... researching viruses.  My mom (Again, very very polite) yells over to the party: "see you soon!"  They yell back something like "great, cocktail or beer?" She replies "I mean at the hospital" My mom has never gotten in a good dig in her life, at least there's some upside. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

My mom works in a hosptial, and is selling their old house in a nicer western suburb.  One of the neighbors was having a party the other week and asked her to join them and have a little going away drink, my mom is pretty polite so declined and pointed out that it wasn't safe to have so many people in a pool or hanging out so closely. The neighbor apparently started telling her about how the cases were inflated, lots of it was made up, etc.  Keep in mind she works at the hospital that had the first cases outside Chicago in Illinois, and spent the first part of her career... researching viruses.  My mom (Again, very very polite) yells over to the party: "see you soon!"  They yell back something like "great, cocktail or beer?" She replies "I mean at the hospital" My mom has never gotten in a good dig in her life, at least there's some upside. 

So she researched viruses meaning she could make a vaccination against it potentially and then you could run the vaccs over to them. I understand your name now 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

So she researched viruses meaning she could make a vaccination against it potentially and then you could run the vaccs over to them. I understand your name now 

It's my moment for sure!

Next: The Rosening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Best case scenario for the US at this point is that either the effect of the virus has been vastly overstated, or summer temp and UV are a magic bullet, because man oh man do we as a culture not have the ability to give up our pleasures and conveniences when asked.  Imagine if in WW2 people were in an air raid but didn't want to turn off their lights so they could read?  Seems like an awful lot of people are taking a perverse pride in being irresponsible, it's like driving the wrong way on the highway and saying it's your right to express yourself. 

I work outside a lot right now, and it is astonishing how far some people are willing to go to NOT take any responsibility.  Walked by a 30' charter fishing boat with about 12 old fat dudes on it who were going out of their way to heckle anyone in a mask, including calling a ~12yr old kid a ******.  It's not just not wanting to do what you're told, lots of people seem to be deciding to be as aggressive as possible about it.  My friend who is a Dr in WI had to close down their ER as some guy walked in and started screaming and spitting on people.  My friend who is a cop on the west side says they don't want to get out of the cars unless absolutely necessary as they already know they're going to have people that cough in their faces.  I'm just so sick of all this ****, where everything has to be part of some righteous fight, as loudly as possible, and hopefully on video. 

I'd typically say "wow, I'm shocked to hear of such obnoxious behavior in Wisconsin... NOT" but unfortunately this nonsense is happening everywhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It's hard for a lot of us to comprehend, too.

But it's a top down thing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyty said:

You are a damn fool Ty lmao.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You are a damn fool Ty lmao.

I have accepted this

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tyty said:

I have accepted this

Makes things easier, doesn't it? ;)

My company makes drugs for hospitals so we're still working.   I have the week off, thank god. With people our due to covid, a few people switched shifts(I was working 3rd shift for a month) plus we're working 50 even 60 hour weeks.  Also, I'm going to have gallbladder surgery soon so I'm a little nervous about that even though I was told it's not a big deal.

As far as the Bears go, with Graham and Kmet, Trubisky will have a couple TEs who should help him.  In 2018 Burton was a beast, last year we had next to no TE help.  When our TEs did help last year, we won.  We also could have had 10-12 wins if we had TE help last year.  In 2018 we scored 23 points per game, last year was 16(I could be wrong on those numbers but it's close)  I liked our draft, but I didn't love it.   I wish we addressed O-line earlier than the 7th.  Also, am I the only one getting fed up with Pace giving up future picks during the draft?  He's done that 4 straight years.  Once in  awhile is fine, but he trows draft picks away like they're candy. 

I hope everyone is safe, take care

• Like 3