5. How did you become a Jets fan?

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll start with a few questions... @xenajets

1. Where do you live?

2. Where are you from?

3. What's your job?

4. Are you married? Do you have kids?

5. How did you become a Jets fan?

Cheshire in the U.K (about 25 mins from Manchester) 

Born also in Cheshire 

Im a jeweller (Run a family business) 

Yes married and have two small boys. 

I have family who live in NY who are all big Jet fans. So they are the ones to blame!! 

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Cheshire in the U.K (about 25 mins from Manchester) 

Born also in Cheshire 

Im a jeweller (Run a family business) 

I have family who live in NY who are all big Jet fans. So they are the ones to blame!! 

Very cool....

What futbol team to you cheer for?

What kind of jewelry do you mostly sell?

How often do you visit the states?

And do you travel around the rest of Europe often?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Very cool....

What futbol team to you cheer for?

What kind of jewelry do you mostly sell?

How often do you visit the states?

And do you travel around the rest of Europe often?

I’m a Manchester United fan. Went to my first game as a two year old with my Dad. Was able to take my eldest son his first game last year when he turned three with my dad also which was pretty cool. 

Luckily enough to sell diamonds and other precious stones. We also have a big business in the second hand market and gold bullion which is a busy, as is repairs. 

We like to visit Florida once a year but have mixed in some different Caribbean islands over the last few years as our main vacation for the year.

Yes it’s very easy and inexpensive to travel around Europe. My father is Italian and we visit there very frequently. We went very recently for a few nights to see family and our combined expenses for myself my wife and our two boys was £140 which included plane tickets etc. So very easy to get around Europe. 

Edited by xenajets

Did you ever have another username on here?

I like to reminisce from 2006 when this place was hot lol

How did you choose your username?

What are the top 3 things everyone visiting the UK should do. 

14 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

No iv been the same since I created my account (2010) 

I used to read up though before joining for about two years lol! 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Young or short?

Also what are your combine stats? H/W 40 time, etc.  If you know any.

9 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

How did you choose your username?

What are the top 3 things everyone visiting the UK should do. 

We had a beautiful German Shepard that we rescued from Thailand. Her name was Xena, and that’s when I created my account so it was fitting really. 

Erm...the obvious sight seeing jobs in London is a must. Any Harry Potter fans should check out the studios in Watford which is very good. 

Also if you were able to get tickets (v. difficult) for a Manchester United vs Liverpool match then that’s without doubt the best sporting event we put on imo

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Chinese or Italian?

🇮🇹❤️

I know you've said you played soccer at the pro level (if Im correct). Care to share your sports journey as much as or as little as you want?

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Young or short?

Also what are your combine stats? H/W 40 time, etc.  If you know any.

Iv just turned 30 😬

Been with my wife since we were 16 which is cool. 

Not sure on combine numbers as I only really played sports that were popular in the Uk. I played football (soccer) to a decent standard. Made it pro but by the time I was 22 I realised I wouldn’t have a proper career in it. My claim to fame was I finished second in a Nike speed drill when I played with and without the ball. 
Second only to Cristiano Ronaldo 😏

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know you've said you played soccer at the pro level (if Im correct). Care to share your sports journey as much as or as little as you want?

Yeah it was a good ride while it lasted to be fair. Very lucky to have played in some awesome stadiums both here and in Europe. 

Being in the north west of England the four big teams are Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool & Everton. I had trials with all four teams and then  I was signed to Everton at 6 years of age and then at 11 signed for Bolton. 

Unfortunately after dropping down the leagues as I got older the love and hunger had complete gone. I’d already began in the family business and playing semi pro and working was too much. Called it quits and barely kicked a ball since. 

Actually as luck would have it I then regained my love and interest in martial arts. My grandfather was a second degree black belt in Karate and had taught me since about 3yrs of age.

Started BJJ about a year ago and fell in love with it. Had my first major no-gi competition lined up for June which more than likely will be cancelled due to recent events. I train 5 mornings a week, 5:45-7:15am so back in time before anyone’s up in the morning so fits in nice with my lifestyle. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If there's one silver lining to this quarantine BS, I've liked seeing some of the people from '06 era pop in recently lol. Our lives are bound to get back to normal but hopefully some of you stay around for the draft/2020 season. 

Anyway, @xenajets I could imagine it being kind of fun living in the UK with other NFL fans; kind of makes me think about my college days when it was a melting pot of people who rooted for different teams. So two questions:

1. How do you spend your Sunday's - in solitude, at a Jets bar, or with a bunch of fans with different teams?
  2. How often (if ever) do you go to Jets games?
Edited by jetskid007