Warmack Promoted to Starting Left Guard... aaand It's Gone!

ninjapirate

Hopefully Chance is up to the task.

The big knock on him has been his pass protection.

I think he probably would have had a rough go of things against Chris Jones just like Seumalo did cause Jones is developing into a great defensive tackle.

With that said, I think Warmack could open more holes in the running game and we really need to get that going to help take the load off Carson and keep teams guessing even a little bit.

24 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Chance has been pretty poor in his career, but Seumalo has been horrible so it's worth a shot. Just weird seeing him inactive the first two weeks and now he's the first team guy.

wis can play any interior line spot and vaitai is the swing tackle. So they make sense to be activated. 

I'm happy they made a change but I don't understand why it was Warmack instead of Wisniewski. I get that Warmack's "natural position" is left guard, and Stoutland is a big fan, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's a better player than Wiz, who should also likely be starting at center, but that's a whole different conversation.

30 minutes ago, fly eagles fly said:

I'm happy they made a change but I don't understand why it was Warmack instead of Wisniewski. I get that Warmack's "natural position" is left guard, and Stoutland is a big fan, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's a better player than Wiz, who should also likely be starting at center, but that's a whole different conversation.

Yeah, I'd like to see Kelce get benched as well.

3 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Yeah, I'd like to see Kelce get benched as well.

As long as Kelce is the center any guard you put next to him is going to struggle, IMO. It's extremely difficult for an offensive guard (especially someone as inexperienced as Seumalo) have to deal with the center being pushed back on every play. 

I think we'll see Snacks destroy Kelce this week and the conversation about benching Kelce will heat up in the following week. 

7 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

As long as Kelce is the center any guard you put next to him is going to struggle, IMO. It's extremely difficult for an offensive guard (especially someone as inexperienced as Seumalo) have to deal with the center being pushed back on every play. 

I think we'll see Snacks destroy Kelce this week and the conversation about benching Kelce will heat up in the following week. 

Oh boy, hadn't even thought about that one.

Over/under on run plays this weekend is set at 10.

I think Seumalo has been pretty bad individually to warrant getting benched. I agree that it's hard to evaluate individual linemen without knowing what their blocking assignment was. Most people assume whoever lines up across from them is their guy. That's not the case at all. Blocking schemes are much more complex than that. But in any case, at some point, you're just getting beat. Sometimes you watch a guy go into pass protection, try to make a block, and watch him just get demolished, outclassed, and outmatched. That's gonna get our QB hurt and at that point you have to bench him.

Archived