Skinsin2013

Kyle Allen Traded to the Redskins for 5th Round Pick

Safe to say Allen played above expectations last year and a nice add in WAS.  Anything more than a 6th round pick and I wouldn't like the trade though considering CAR had 5 QBs on their roster before this trade happened

5th seems a bit rich, but young QBs who’ve played real games and have a pulse always bring back value. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

5th seems a bit rich, but young QBs who’ve played real games and have a pulse always bring back value. 

It is a bit rich. 

Love this move. A competent and healthy backup QB that knows the playbook and system is good value for a 5th. 

A smart play by Carolina getting a high 5th rd Pick from us, since he’s played in ST offense. I believe they wouldn’t have gotten as good a return they did from anyone else. KA will be a pretty good back up. 

He knows the offense.  Is that worth a draft pick?  Meh.  

Seems like an overpay but I do like that we have a qualified back up QB now. Crazy E predicted this the other day! Genius!

I like the addition, but a 5th rounder seems steep. Also, a trading away more draft capital is not what we need right now.

I would have floated the pick swap. Get a 7th back at least.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

It is a bit rich. 

Yeah, I think so too. 

Probably were weighing him against the guys who will be available in the actual 5th round, and decided his experience on the field and in the meeting room with Scott Turner would make him more valuable than any of the guys likely to be there in the draft. I can’t really disagree with that. 

I don’t like the QB depth in this draft, I think most of those guys are pretty uninteresting. So I can see why they’d want to look elsewhere. 

Would expect a trade back with one of those 4th rounders to try to recoup some Day 3 pick quantity.