Skinsin2013

Kyle Allen Traded to the Redskins for 5th Round Pick

I know this is only a 5th, but my biggest concern with having a HC in charge of our front office is that we devalue draft picks.  

5th seems to high

on the flip side hopefully this clears talk of Cam Jamies and Tua away from Skins

Wow, didn't go the geezer route . I'm shocked -- a 6th seems more fair but ..what do i know . Just taking all this as it comes .

Good god, it’s a 5th round pick. That’s a very small price to pay for a 24-year old QB with real starting experience that knows your system. People acting like we just dealt away a 2nd or something. A 5th rounder usually ends up being a bunch of nothing. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Good god, it’s a 5th round pick. That’s a very small price to pay for a 24-year old QB with real starting experience that knows your system. People acting like we just dealt away a 2nd or something. A 5th rounder usually ends up being a bunch of nothing. 

Holy snit-- worth it to me that they made a move that YOU don't hate !! I thought you'd blow a gasket ! :D

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Holy snit-- worth it to me that they made a move that YOU don't hate !! I thought you'd blow a gasket ! :D

I’m more aggravated at people acting like we just gave up a first rounder. The obsession with late round picks has gotten out of control. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m more aggravated at people acting like we just gave up a first rounder. The obsession with late round picks has gotten out of control. 

Late round draft picks are important for depth.  You can't keep handing out $3-4 mil per year deals to fill out the roster like they are doing.  

I mean now we have a young back up. I think it quiets the Cam stuff

Recent Redskins 5th round picks:

Ross Pierschbacher

Cole Colhomb

Tim Settle

Jeremy Sprinkle

Matt Ioannidis

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ross Pierschbacher

Cole Colhomb

Tim Settle

Jeremy Sprinkle

Matt Ioannidis

Impressive !

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ross Pierschbacher

Cole Colhomb

Tim Settle

Jeremy Sprinkle

Matt Ioannidis

I’m with you I think it’s too high. But idk I can’t really actually see the plan yet. I’m not gonna harp I think it’s someone who can help with the playbook and in camp. But I don’t like the 5 but who knows what picks if any we can replace 

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ross Pierschbacher

Cole Colhomb

Tim Settle

Jeremy Sprinkle

Matt Ioannidis

There’s two guys out of that group that I’d rather have over a 24-year old QB who has starter experience and knows your system. That’s undeniably more important than a terrible TE, a back up DL and OL. Both who’ve made very little impact.