Redskins overpay a 5th rounder for Kyle Allen

MikeT14

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They didn’t trade for him to play.  They traded for him to teach Haskins the playbook.  

Maybe, but I was disputing the claims that Allen played well last year.  Even for a young QB he was terrible.

I don’t agree with everyone saying it’s a bad trade. LIS it’s just a 5th round pick so it is whatever.  But I think people are mistaken if they think Allen showed much of anything last year.  He showed why he was an UDFA and even for a back-up QB, he isn't ideal.  You want a back-up who can either manage the game or bring a spark to the offense in other ways.  Allen didn't do either.  So what you have is a QB entering his 3rd year with little to no upside and a proneness to turnovers.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Maybe, but I was disputing the claims that Allen played well last year.  Even for a young QB he was terrible.

I don’t agree with everyone saying it’s a bad trade. LIS it’s just a 5th round pick so it is whatever.  But I think people are mistaken if they think Allen showed much of anything last year.  He showed why he was an UDFA and even for a back-up QB, he isn't ideal.  You want a back-up who can either manage the game or bring a spark to the offense in other ways.  Allen didn't do either.  So what you have is a QB entering his 3rd year with little to no upside and a proneness to turnovers.  

Lol I remember when the NFL subreddit was hyping him up because he had that undefeated streak.

He won against my team in that undefeated streak and all I saw was Christian McCaffrey being a stellar receiving back and Kyle Allen looking around, realizing "okay I can't throw it deep", checking it down and then CMac getting a ridiculous amount of YAC. It was so obvious when Kyle Allen started trying to throw it deep that he has no arm strength whatsoever. Disrespect of people comparing him to Cam

5 hours ago, RabidPanther89 said:

I think it was fair value just to see if Kyle can make a leap. He crashed down to earth really hard at the end of last season but I didn’t think his hot streak was a total fluke. He does do somethings well. 

product of the weapons around him, i think he is a long term backup e.g brock lobster, a.j mccarron but nothing more than that