Pondering the Imponderable

HH650

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Define look above average?

Better than last year. More efficient, especially on 3rd Downs and in the Red Zone, cut turnovers by 1/3.

A good stat line?  Yeah, sure.  

I don’t care about stats. See above.

I’m talking more about if he still needs more 1-2 read plays, half field reads, understanding coverages, etc.  That stuff takes time and having great WR’s doesn’t really help.

If he can’t read 1/2 of the field with flood concepts that rely on presnap ID of a force defender and 1 vs 2 high safety look, then he’s a lost cause. Last year was a waste, but Stefanskis offense won’t ask that much of him. It will be predicated on PA Passes, running the ball, taking deep shots occasionally but with more 5-15 yard passes. That should be cherry picking for Baker with his accuracy as long as he doesn’t turn it over.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Better than last year. More efficient, especially on 3rd Downs and in the Red Zone, cut turnovers by 1/3.

I don’t care about stats. See above.

If he can’t read 1/2 of the field with flood concepts that rely on presnap ID of a force defender and 1 vs 2 high safety look, then he’s a lost cause. Last year was a waste, but Stefanskis offense won’t ask that much of him. It will be predicated on PA Passes, running the ball, taking deep shots occasionally but with more 5-15 yard passes. That should be cherry picking for Baker with his accuracy as long as he doesn’t turn it over.

I don’t disagree, but I’m not going to assume Stefanski’s a genius and will do the obvious.  I thought Freddie would do the same things that worked the year before, but here we are.

I think it’s much ado about nothing tbh.  If we run a well organized offense and actually apply analytical data, I think we’ll be just fine. Even if Baker is just average, the amount of playmakers and mismatches on this team is absurd.

I think the bigger concern is how many games do we lose 35-28?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, HH650 said:

Plain Dealer: “Make or Break year for Mayfield”.

Jordan Love to Chargers to sit a year behind Tyrod Taylor.

Mayfield was not drafted by any managers of this team.

if Justin Herbert is available at 10, the Browns......: 

Before you answer, remember the Haslams still own the team.

Hopefully because of the corona virus "stay in place" order, that means no homeless guy Herbert fans will be getting up in Jimmy's ear on draft day

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Point 1 Los Angeles needs a quarterback to put people in seats .

2 There is 1 quarterback that has a 1st round grade next year he is going 1st overall.

This all adds up to people behind us having to trade up for a quarterback or they lose there jobs for not seeing into the future.

That is why I think 3 teams go get there quarterback.