Seattle trades for db Dunbar

flyguy1609

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Great get for a low price. I'm hoping we make him play out this year rather than handing him an extension. 

Very curious to see what we do between Dunbar, Tre Flowers, and Shaq Griffin. Have to assume either Flowers or Griffin will be dealt...

Maybe you got Dunbar for depth, rotational guy? 

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Great get for a low price. I'm hoping we make him play out this year rather than handing him an extension. 

Very curious to see what we do between Dunbar, Tre Flowers, and Shaq Griffin. Have to assume either Flowers or Griffin will be dealt...

Flowers is the weak link tbh

• Like 2

This is one of the worst trades I can remember.  Dunbar definitely isn't a top 2 CB like PFF thinks, but he's an above average starter on a low cap hit.  We basically let him force his way out of DC with nothing to really show for it.  We would have gotten at least a 4th round comp pick if we let him play out his deal this year and walk in 2021.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Flowers is the weak link tbh

Flowers has one extra year on his rookie contract with us than Griffin does. Both Griffin and Dunbar entering contract years. Not only that, but Griffin's skill set lends some ability to play Nickel if need be. 

I'd expect to see Griffin traded or moved inside, but you could be right, this could be a signal that the staff has lost patience with Flowers development.

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Flowers has one extra year on his rookie contract with us than Griffin does. Both Griffin and Dunbar entering contract years. Not only that, but Griffin's skill set lends some ability to play Nickel if need be. 

I'd expect to see Griffin traded or moved inside, but you could be right, this could be a signal that the staff has lost patience with Flowers development.

I think we might be over thinking it. CB was thin as tissue paper last year. Tre and Shaq both missed games. Akeem King was kinda of a dud. Thorpe was hurt all year. And this years class has a ton of T-Rex DB's Seattle is not interested in. This trade adds talent + Depth at a really thin position. Dunbar probably has the inside edge over Flowers, but I can see a scenario where all three are on the field at the same time (especially if teams line up their stud in the slot => Adams). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm just going to play this video on repeat to make myself feel better about this move.

Must be a good CB if that's the worst tape that comes to mind. That's a whip route. Beasley is a quick WR who runs polished routes. Dunbar is playing off man with no help directly inside. He doesn't have much of a chance.

• Like 6