Q Dunbar Gifted to the Seahawks

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When we trade him for a 5th rounder? Yes. 

I see your point, but it still doesn't strike me as tanking. Now, if he wasn't asking to be cut/traded and we had just cut him & gotten nothing in return then I’d definitely agree.

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We should have just kept him rather then giving him away, that was the best option. I said it was the best option since Dunny first demanded he wanted to be traded or get a new contract a month ago and keeping him was still the best option.

Everyone here is telling me that Rivera's biggest draw for them is the culture piece, and you were one of those guys.  So if a guy comes out and trashes the team publically and doesn't want to play here anymore, the guy establishing the new culture isn't going to keep him on the roster.  Rivera wants guys who are going to buy in from day one, not someone who won't.  So in any other circumstance, I agree with letting Dunbar sit here, but not with how Rivera needs to do a 180* turn on the locker room culture.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Everyone here is telling me that Rivera's biggest draw for them is the culture piece, and you were one of those guys.  So if a guy comes out and trashes the team publically and doesn't want to play here anymore, the guy establishing the new culture isn't going to keep him on the roster.  Rivera wants guys who are going to buy in from day one, not someone who won't.  So in any other circumstance, I agree with letting Dunbar sit here, but not with how Rivera needs to do a 180* turn on the locker room culture.  

Fair point and a good one.

He probably was going to be released, so it's better than nothing. 

If you dont want to play here, you will be shown the door. Trent will probably soon follow. 

Also, people shouldnt act like Dunbar is a game changer either. Is he worth more than a 5th? Probably, but he definitely had trouble staying healthy. 

I'm fine with it. Let's get hungry people in that want to play here. 

• Like 1

Dunbar made it clear a while ago that he didn’t want to play here. That gave away any leverage the team had. Rivera’s mantra coming in is that he wants guys that will sell out for the ultimate goal.

If Dunny didn’t want to be here, no problem. 

I have had time to chew on this now. Honestly this is decent enough, I would be more about it if we didn’t just send a 5th for Kyle Allen. We break even it’s whatever.

Q didn’t want to be here, he wasn’t going to get what he wants from us and we were going to get nothing from him being here.

Bye

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You don’t have to give a guy away for cents on the dollar to make a point.  He’s worth more than a 5th.

• Like 4