Offensive Line

onejayhawk

The Oline was ok, not great. Smith sure seemed to be flying for his life everywhere. Also, K.Hunt was fairly manhandled by the Texans defense. They had 2 guys keying on him, one on each side of Center. Add the Dline play and Hunt was stuffed time and again. Expect to see this from other teams in the near future. Did anyone say Denver?

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Yet Hunt had almost 4 yards per carry and Smith threw for 300 yards.

Well TOP was 38:22 Chiefs, so KC better have done something with the ball. Hunt barely scratched out 100+yds on 29 carries. That's pretty vanilla. He should have had 100yds.

I'll also remind  that Hunt is being used basically as a 2 down back. West is playing mostly 3rd. downs. Yet even as a 2 down back, Hunt still got 29 carries. Thus is the power of TOP.

Morse is practicing before the Steelers game. We will see if he starts. If he does, who plays RG--Fulton or Erving? Erving's technique issues remind at least some observers of an early LDT, so the question may be how many whiffs you are willing to tolerate. 

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Morse is practicing before the Steelers game. We will see if he starts. If he does, who plays RG--Fulton or Erving? Erving's technique issues remind at least some observers of an early LDT, so the question may be how many whiffs you are willing to tolerate. 

J

I'd go with Fulton. I'm hoping Ehinger gets in there at some point.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'd go with Fulton. I'm hoping Ehinger gets in there at some point.

I'm hoping Erving beats them both for the job. Everything I have seen and heard points to massive potential and poor coaching. Having an interior OL of Erving/Morse/ LDT could ruin some LBs day. Those two are still quality depth. 

J

3 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm hoping Erving beats them both for the job. Everything I have seen and heard points to massive potential and poor coaching. Having an interior OL of Erving/Morse/ LDT could ruin some LBs day. Those two are still quality depth. 

J

Erving is still a ways away from that poor coaching getting corrected, though. He still has some glaring flaws in terms of technique and positioning. And some minor ones in reading opposing schemes. If we didn't look like a superbowl caliber team, I'd be down to get him in now, have him work out the kinks actively, and benefit long term. But given the potential of this team and the fact that we have guys like Ehinger and Fulton on the bench, I'd really rather go the safe route.

Archived