Travis Frederick retires at 29

CT Cowboy Fan

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

BPA really worked in our favor.

Smith - Williams - McGovern - Martin - Collins

Swing Tackle: Knight

Swing IOL: Looney

Pretty classic example of why you should not draft for need outside of maybe the first round. Non-premium rookies are rarely ready to make major contributions, and roster turnover is so high, the position you just drafted is likely to be a need before long.

• Like 1

Good for Fredbeard. Watching him at his peak was a joy in a way you just don't expect from the center position. Guy was the best in the business for three straight years and deserves HOF consideration.

McGovern pick makes a lot more sense now, though it always kind of did since this was clearly within the range of possible outcomes. I'm hoping from a cap perspective that this'll help us get in on Griffen/Clowney but more likely it'll just go towards re-signing Gallup or Woods or something

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

What is the cap hit?

As I understand it, based on what I was reading, it would be $11M in dead money so we'd save a little under $1M this year. If we count it as a Post June 1 cut, I think it's $6M savings, but future savings aren't as large. We don't need the money right now, so I'd imagine they'd take the full hit this year and keep future year cap space available.

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

What is the cap hit?

20 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

As I understand it, based on what I was reading, it would be $11M in dead money so we'd save a little under $1M this year. If we count it as a Post June 1 cut, I think it's $6M savings, but future savings aren't as large. We don't need the money right now, so I'd imagine they'd take the full hit this year and keep future year cap space available.

The tweet I saw was $32m over 3 years. How we get there is all a shell game.

Edited by Matts4313

41 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

perfect... now that F Beard retired , it's a win win for Dak.. If Dak kills, he ascends even higher on the All-time list.. if not, we (the Dakers) have a built in excuse for why he struggled... 

O.o:ph34r:

sorry. been a bit slow lately..

Welcome back, Resilient v.3.0

• Like 2

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

maybe another year of slow rehab..

maybe he came back too quick..

Nah he said he realised he was mentally done during the year off but didnt want to go out like that. Enjoyed what life outside football had to offer. Hes all set. Finished. Kaput. Thanks for the memories

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ace5 said:

Nah he said he realised he was mentally done during the year off but didnt want to go out like that. Enjoyed what life outside football had to offer. Hes all set. Finished. Kaput. Thanks for the memories

He should give some of that money back then.