Goldfish Improves Your Teams

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Lotta Ravens fans are fantasizing about trading up to get Jeudy. However unlikely that is IRL, would be interesting to see what it looks like and what it leaves us with to address at least two of IOL/ILB/EDGE.

Here you go - had to give up a 1st, 2nd and a 5th to the Niners who would be most likely to take Jeudy - but also looking to trade back and get extra picks for a not a terrible price. The Ravens roster is absolutely stacked, I had no idea and they've still got so many picks so this actually feels like a nice idea if they can pull it off. Only thing you probably won't get is one of the top linebackers.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/SzcXB4FJ2U

13. Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama - This is who you wanted in the scenario
57. Curtis Weaver [ EDGE ] Boise State - Had to do a small trade up here to get Weaver who I kinda like, but he's not juicy. However, Baltimore has a habit of turning those sorts of players into productive NFL players 
92. Akeem Davis-Gaither [ LB ] Appalachian State - Was hoping to make a trade up for a Malik Harrison or Jordan Brooks, but was just too far out of range at this point. ADG isn't a terrible compromise. 
119. Damien Lewis [ OG ] LSU - Absolutely love this fit for the Ravens, he's a limited athlete but a man mover on the inside and a nice scheme fit
129. AJ Dillon [ RB ] Boston College - Love the idea of Baltimore salting away games with a mixture of a QB who can escape out of the back and Dillon pounding it 
134. Logan Wilson [ LB ] Wyoming - Didn't get a big fish at linebacker, so next best thing might be two linebackers who could turn into something
143. John Simpson [ OG ] Clemson - At this point the roster is stacked, but I think another interior for depth would be nice and Simpson is another really physical player inside
240. Quez Watkins [ WR ] Southern Miss - Had a late 7th round pick when it was said and done, decided to spend it on a late round speedster 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Here you go - had to give up a 1st, 2nd and a 5th to the Niners who would be most likely to take Jeudy - but also looking to trade back and get extra picks for a not a terrible price. The Ravens roster is absolutely stacked, I had no idea and they've still got so many picks so this actually feels like a nice idea if they can pull it off. Only thing you probably won't get is one of the top linebackers.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/SzcXB4FJ2U

13. Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama - This is who you wanted in the scenario
57. Curtis Weaver [ EDGE ] Boise State - Had to do a small trade up here to get Weaver who I kinda like, but he's not juicy. However, Baltimore has a habit of turning those sorts of players into productive NFL players 
92. Akeem Davis-Gaither [ LB ] Appalachian State - Was hoping to make a trade up for a Malik Harrison or Jordan Brooks, but was just too far out of range at this point. ADG isn't a terrible compromise. 
119. Damien Lewis [ OG ] LSU - Absolutely love this fit for the Ravens, he's a limited athlete but a man mover on the inside and a nice scheme fit
129. AJ Dillon [ RB ] Boston College - Love the idea of Baltimore salting away games with a mixture of a QB who can escape out of the back and Dillon pounding it 
134. Logan Wilson [ LB ] Wyoming - Didn't get a big fish at linebacker, so next best thing might be two linebackers who could turn into something
143. John Simpson [ OG ] Clemson - At this point the roster is stacked, but I think another interior for depth would be nice and Simpson is another really physical player inside
240. Quez Watkins [ WR ] Southern Miss - Had a late 7th round pick when it was said and done, decided to spend it on a late round speedster 

Man this draft looks great. Jeudy, Weaver or Uche, and then some strong mid-round fliers on linebackers and guards would be a dream. Came awfully close to getting Biadasz at 119 too, if somehow this draft included both him and Lewis in that 119/129/134 stack we have, that's Vince McMahon losing his mind.gif level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Try the Rams without a RB until our third or forth pick maybe even a trade down with one of our thirds.

Ah man, the Rams are the hardest team to do this with. Ended up doing a huge trade down from the 2nd rounder to get enough picks to try and find players at the spots needed. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/tEkAE0T09T

84. Matthew Peart [ OT ] Uconn - I like Peart as a tackle who is long and athletic and doesn't need to start right away. Stick him behind Whitworth for a year and he could be your left tackle this time next season 
86. Troy Dye [ LB ] Oregon - Small trade up here. Dye is fast and athletic and excelled in coverage for Oregon the past season, that's obviously something the team has lost in Littleton leaving
88. Tyler Biadasz [ IOL ] Wisconsin - Another small trade up here for Biadasz who could come in and play center right away presuming his injury problems have left, still good value even if he needs to sit out for a while
112. Alex Highsmith [ EDGE ] Charlotte - Gave up some capital here to move up and take the best edge I can get from the middle rounds. He looked like he had something at the Senior Bowl. Really twitched up as a rusher. 
162. Ke'Shawn Vaughn [ RB ] Vanderbilt - Another small trade up to get Vaughn who is a nice scheme fit with as runner with an eye for the gaps
229. Kindle Vildor [ CB ] Georgia Southern  - Rams seem to like Senior Bowl guys, Vildor was feisty and competitive there. He can also play in the slot, which might come in useful with Robey-Coleman leaving

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Ah man, the Rams are the hardest team to do this with. Ended up doing a huge trade down from the 2nd rounder to get enough picks to try and find players at the spots needed. 

84. Matthew Peart [ OT ] Uconn - I like Peart as a tackle who is long and athletic and doesn't need to start right away. Stick him behind Whitworth for a year and he could be your left tackle this time next season 
86. Troy Dye [ LB ] Oregon - Small trade up here. Dye is fast and athletic and excelled in coverage for Oregon the past season, that's obviously something the team has lost in Littleton leaving
88. Tyler Biadasz [ IOL ] Wisconsin - Another small trade up here for Biadasz who could come in and play center right away presuming his injury problems have left, still good value even if he needs to sit out for a while
112. Alex Highsmith [ EDGE ] Charlotte - Gave up some capital here to move up and take the best edge I can get from the middle rounds. He looked like he had something at the Senior Bowl. Really twitched up as a rusher. 
162. Ke'Shawn Vaughn [ RB ] Vanderbilt - Another small trade up to get Vaughn who is a nice scheme fit with as runner with an eye for the gaps
229. Kindle Vildor [ CB ] Georgia Southern  - Rams seem to like Senior Bowl guys, Vildor was feisty and competitive there. He can also play in the slot, which might come in useful with Robey-Coleman leaving

Love the positions and some of the players. Did we trade back up? Started with 6 picks and traded down to end with 6 picks.

Hmmm started with 52, 84, 104, 126, 199 and 234. So I see we traded our 2 and 4 and 6 to get two extra 3rd and nove up in the 4th and 6th?

Edited by NVRamsFan

52 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

@goldfishwars how do you like TDN Premium, by the way?  Do you think it's worth the $30 per year?

I just signed up for the monthly one to play around with trades, and I have mixed feelings on the site as a whole.

It keeps logging me out, even in the middle of drafts. So when I go to trade, it won't let me because it logged me out. Very annoying. I love the ability to trade, but I feel like the trades are so hard to make and very unrealistic.

For example, everyone I wanted at 13 for the Niners were gone, but Herbert was still on the board and Dolphins took Wirfs earlier in the first. So, logic is telling me this is a perfect trade scenario for me to get extra picks and the Dolphins to get their QB. I offered my 1st for their 1st and 3rd and it wouldn't accept it. I tried 1st, 4th, and 5th and it still wouldn't accept it. It seems like when you're the proposer, your offers will most likely be shot down.

I love their draft sim, but the trade logic is awful.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Vikings next please 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Love the positions and some of the players. Did we trade back up? Started with 6 picks and traded down to end with 6 picks.

Hmmm started with 52, 84, 104, 126, 199 and 234. So I see we traded our 2 and 4 and 6 to get two extra 3rd and nove up in the 4th and 6th?

Yeah, was trying to jam as many picks as I could in a small area where I think the value is for the positions the Rams need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

Vikings next please 

Man it feels like the Vikings will have to move around a lot to fill their needs. I was trading down a bit and then moving back up. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/Uc5tQ4LWd6

25. Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State - Working on the assumption Griffen might not be back, Gross-Matos feels like the kind of edge who could thrive on that Vikings defense. Zimmer's always liked lengthy edge with developmental upside. 
44. Marlon Davidson [ IDL ] Auburn - Feel like Davidson could play three-tech full time and potentially could slot right in alongside Pierce. Could even switch between there and back to edge in some packages. 
58. Bryce Hall [ CB ] Virginia - Couldn't hold off any longer on perimeter corners and Hall feels like a decent scheme fit here
67. Michael Pittman Jr [ WR ] USC - Pittman could be the possession receiver the Vikings need, there are speedier options but he thrives more in the intermediate areas which would compliment Thielen well
75. Netane Muti [ IOL ] Fresno State - Last guard available who is a scheme fit, he could be a real bargain pick-up if his injury history is a thing of the past
85. Amik Robertson [ CB ] Louisiana Tech - Hugely talented corner who is undersized, but could thrive in the slot
126. Jack Driscoll [ OT ] Auburn - Underpowered, but a really good lateral mover who would be a developmental tackle to stash away 
201. Khaleke Hudson [ S ] Michigan - Safety and special teams depth
220. Joe Reed [ WR ] Virginia - A speedy slot guy, underappreciated in a crowded class
235. Keith Ismael [ IOL ] San Diego State - Offers some mobility and versatility as interior offensive line depth