Jump to content
goldfishwars

Goldfish Improves Your Teams

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, G08 said:

@goldfishwars Chicago Bears "regular" and one where they trade down from 43 please!

Okay, this was a heavy trade-down approach, I didn't take a tight end as the Bears have so many. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/vmiPtUDiZo

64. Isaiah Wilson [ OT ] Georgia - Trade down here for extra picks, Wilson was still available and I'm taking him to give the line an injection of physicality 
68. Robert Hunt [ IOL ] Louisiana - Same strategy again, Hunt was a bruising man mover at Louisiana, he can play inside and form a brutal right side of the line with Wilson
101. K’Von Wallace [ S ] Clemson - Wallace is hugely underrated, can man both spots. One bad game in the title match-up hurt his stock, but he's been a good player
118. Michael Ojemudia [ CB ] Iowa - Experienced and lengthy corner where the current options aren't great
137. Anfernee Jennings [ EDGE ] Alabama - Wanted to get a juicier edge, but only have so much draft capital. Jennings can be an edge setter out there instead. 
165. Darrynton Evans [ RB ] Appalachian State - Like the options at running back, but the Bears need an explosive playmaker and Evans has home-hitter ability
226. John Reid [ CB ] Penn State - Slot corner from Penn State, really smart and tested well at the combine
233. Omar Bayless [ WR ] Arkansas State  - My favorite late round burner, might give the corps an added speed threat
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 7:51 PM, brownie man said:

With the Browns

Trade up for Isaiah Simmons

and still get us a LT that could start as a rookie 

Trading up...and getting a hybrid player, when other "just as good" players are available, who also fit glaring needs...I think we need a forumwide vote to determine whether or not (definitely NOT) you are allowed to keep Head Analytic Nerd DePo as your avatar. (And I like Simmons!)

@LETSGOBROWNIES @mistakey @freakygeniuskid @BleedTheClock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Trading up...and getting a hybrid player, when other "just as good" players are available, who also fit glaring needs...I think we need a forumwide vote to determine whether or not (definitely NOT) you are allowed to keep Head Analytic Nerd DePo as your avatar. (And I like Simmons!)

@LETSGOBROWNIES @mistakey @freakygeniuskid @BleedTheClock

giphy.gif
 

Brownie has gone full autist at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, this is quite a hard one - but here's what I came up with. It's probably a little different from the norm...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/aFK8N9L0Ep

64. Julian Okwara [ EDGE ] Notre Dame - Traded down and didn't love the options at interior defensive line, so took Okwara here knowing Dupree might be off in one year and having such limited depth at edge
89. Jalen Hurts [ QB ] Alabama - Big Ben hasn't been able to stay healthy and I just don't think the Steelers can risk another year of rotating through Rudolph/Hodges
124. Colin Johnson [ WR ] Texas  - I like the options at receiver, but a bit of adding a bit of size to the corps would add a bit of variation
135. Hakeem Adeniji [ OL ] Kansas - The line needs urgent depth behind its ageing starters and Adeniji is talented, but underpowered right now. A year in the weight room would do him some good and Pittsburgh have an excellent record in developing offensive linemen. 
144. McTelvin Agim [ IDL ] Arkansas - Agim is a bit of an underappreciated gem, former five start recruit who could become a juicy 5-tech to get into the rotation
232. Keith Ismael [ IOL ] San Diego State - Interior line depth who can play guard and center, held his own at the Senior Bowl
 

Ugh.

I appreciate the effort, but I would blow chunks if we drafted another mediocre NFL QB prospect in the 3rd, especially given our limited draft capital.

Not a huge fan of pass rusher in the 2nd this year either, but I get the logic.

And this doesnt really address our need for NT at all.    We need help at RB too. 

That being said, its a draft I could see happening.   We have weird draft tendencies sometimes.    I would hate this, though.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ugh.

I appreciate the effort, but I would blow chunks if we drafted another mediocre NFL QB prospect in the 3rd, especially given our limited draft capital.

Not a huge fan of pass rusher in the 2nd this year either, but I get the logic.

And this doesnt really address our need for NT at all.    We need help at RB too. 

That being said, its a draft I could see happening.   We have weird draft tendencies sometimes.    I would hate this, though.   

Fair enough, I'll have another crack at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ugh.

I appreciate the effort, but I would blow chunks if we drafted another mediocre NFL QB prospect in the 3rd, especially given our limited draft capital.

Not a huge fan of pass rusher in the 2nd this year either, but I get the logic.

And this doesnt really address our need for NT at all.    We need help at RB too. 

That being said, its a draft I could see happening.   We have weird draft tendencies sometimes.    I would hate this, though.   

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/u1bEcg8Ers

This any better for you? Wanted Davon Hamilton late 2nd, but he went even before pick 48. 

64. Prince Tega Wanogho [ OT ] Auburn - Toolsy and athletic tackle

101. Zack Moss [ RB ] Utah - Chain-moving bruising back with great hands

102. Damien Lewis [ IOL ] LSU - Massive block of a guard, knocks guys out in close quarters

124. Leki Fotu [ IDL ] Utah - Massive human and immovable object at nose

135. Anfernee Jennings [ EDGE ] Alabama - Could rotate in at edge or inside linebacker

232. Dezmon Patmon [ WR ] Washington State - Huge receiver, ran well at the combine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/u1bEcg8Ers

This any better for you? Wanted Davon Hamilton late 2nd, but he went even before pick 48. 

64. Prince Tega Wanogho [ OT ] Auburn - Toolsy and athletic tackle

101. Zack Moss [ RB ] Utah - Chain-moving bruising back with great hands

102. Damien Lewis [ IOL ] LSU - Massive block of a guard, knocks guys out in close quarters

124. Leki Fotu [ IDL ] Utah - Massive human and immovable object at nose

135. Anfernee Jennings [ EDGE ] Alabama - Could rotate in at edge or inside linebacker

232. Dezmon Patmon [ WR ] Washington State - Huge receiver, ran well at the combine

Dont know all of them, but yes...Id definitely prefer this one.

But again, the first one COULD happen, although I dont believe the Steelers will draft a QB unless they are extremely high on someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49ers heavy trade down strategy (currently own picks 13, 31, 156, 176, 210 and 245) 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/AZVje514YB

31. Jaylon Johnson [ CB ] Utah - The lengthy, smart outside corner they need on the perimeter 
46. Brandon Aiyuk [ WR ] Arizona State - That speedy receiver with YAC for days they like to get going in SF
73. Isaiah Wilson [ OT ] Georgia - Joe Staley getting up there in age, McGlinchey could move to left tackle in a year's time and allow Wilson to slot in on the right
94. Rashard Lawrence [ DT ] LSU - Additional beef for the defensive line after losing a couple of names there in FA
95. Netane Muti [ IOL ] Fresno State - Muti had his share of unrelated injuries, but he's a talent and the 49ers need help on the interior
176. Justin Strnad [ LB ] Wake Forest - The 49ers have had success with mid-late round speedy linebackers and Strnad was impressively rangy at Wake
189. Dalton Keene [ TE ] Virginia Tech - Either at full-back, H-back or second tight end, Keene has the athletic profile to find a role in Shanny's offense
210. Juan Jennings [ WR ] Tennessee - Poor athletic tester, but former QB with smarts who had YAC for days at Tennessee 
217. Reggie Robinson [ CB ] Tulsa - Height/Weight/Speed corner who could fill multiple roles at the back end
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×