Roster Moves

KC_Guy

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Understand the context of this statement. Chiefs had just lost 6 in a row, lastly to the Jets on Dec.3. Alex was mired in a dismal slump with the Chiefs. This was before he and Nagy pulled the Chiefs season out of the fire. Yeah, Smith wasn't worth much December 3. Unfortunately, he'll still not bring 1st. Rd. draft pick attention. I'm still laughing. :D

I don't think we'd get a 1st (for the record) I think we could pull a 2 n 5 or something along those lines from a team like the Browns/Bills. 

As for your wishy/washiness, Alex had just thrown 4tds vs the Jets (lost 4 in a row not 6) and you wanted a 5th. As "laughable" as the first is, a 5th would've been downright dumb is all I'm saying, especially, for "a great starting quarterback". :D

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

As for your wishy/washiness, Alex had just thrown 4tds vs the Jets (lost 4 in a row not 6)

Really, Chiefs lost 6 of 7 games with the Jets loss.........If i'm the Browns,  I don't touch Smith. Browns picks are platinum. With the Jets loss, Smith could go in a fire sale. Now maybe we get a 3rd as he did save our butt last 4 games

I don't think Alex had a bad year. If he would take a TEAM FRIENDLY contract, I'd keep him and let PMII sit some more. Chiefs are going to get some new coaching and I'd like to see how that shakes out and how it affects the QB's.

Chiefs signed all their PS players to reserve/future contracts:

Atkinson, George

RB 

Notre Dame 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Braverman, Daniel

WR 

Western Michigan 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Dieter, Gehrig

WR 

Alabama 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Firkser, Anthony

TE 

Harvard 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Gordon, Dillon

Louisiana State 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Holmes, Tyrone

LB 

Montana 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Johnson, Kaleb

Rutgers 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Purcell, Mike

NT 

Wyoming 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Redmond, Will

DB 

Mississippi State 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

Wylie, Andrew

Eastern Michigan 

Free Agent Signing 
         Reserve/Future

I didn't knew we had Will Redmond on the Practice Squad. :o

His ACL injury hurt him coming out of the College and it seems he missed his entire Rookie Season because of that, but if he can come back to his performance in College than we might have at least a depth Corner already with the team. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

This might make me comfortable enough to not draft a CB unless someone unexpectedly falls.

LB/DL/QB are my new top 3 needs.

I'm pretty sure I am, from what I'm seeing and reading about Fuller. CB was the LAST position I thought we could solve instantly. Normally such an expensive position nowadays to solve via trade or free agency. I thought for sure we'd have to go draft there, suffer for another year or two while a young guy learns the ropes. Now maybe the position we've had the hardest time fixing looks solid. Peters, Nelson, and Fuller gives us talent, youth, and flexibility. Plenty of options even when we go dime or deeper, too, as both Nelson and Fuller can play inside or outside. Just an awesome get. Thought we'd get a 2nd rounder plus change, spend it on a CB. No way we get a DB of Fuller's caliber out of the gate in the 2nd or 3rd round.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived