Roster Moves

KC_Guy

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

The old Alex Smith off-season talk ramped up by "sources", relayed by Rapsheet:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000903177/article/chiefs-open-to-trading-qb-alex-smith-in-offseason

And yeah ... uninformed discussion on the price kicking up as well: 

When Smith was traded from the San Francisco 49ers to the Chiefs in 2013, it wound up being for a price of two second-round picks. Smith could fetch more this time -- in part because of his recent success.

On Sun Jan 07 2018 at 10:22 AM, kingseanjohn said:

If the Browns want to give us #33 and #35 this year, that'd be great.

Bills may be willing to give us our first back for him? I think Smith will have fairly good value for a number of teams.

14 hours ago, kempus said:

Bills may be willing to give us our first back for him? I think Smith will have fairly good value for a number of teams.

I could see the Bills doing this, a better QB and they win that game I think.

57 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

This is hilarious :D. People crying to play PMII now think the Chiefs should get a First Rd. draft pick for Alex Smith. Why? because he's a great starting QB !   O.o

Or maybe some just wanna capitalize  on his good STATISTICAL year.

For being so great you were asking for a 5th not too long ago.

Wishy washy. O.o

16 hours ago, Mind Character said:

That all.

Why do you guys just ask for our number 1 overall while your at it.

I for one think that's a fair price for a 2 year bridge QB.

Well you can go 0-16 or maybe actually win some games.  Call him a Bridge but it makes sense for the time being.  Dorsey is going to want to show progress in his first year.  Lucky for him only way to go is really up.

7 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Well you can go 0-16 or maybe actually win some games.  Call him a Bridge but it makes sense for the time being.  Dorsey is going to want to show progress in his first year.  Lucky for him only way to go is really up.

Oh I believe Smith is really good and I'd love to have him.

But I don't think these prices I'm hearing that Dorsey's going to give up make sense for the time being.

But Bridge is an accurate assessment of him as a 34 year old QB; that is, he will at best only start for 2 years as a bridge to the young QB waiting in the wings.

He's also a Bridge QB b/c he's not going to take over a game and uplift a team toward winning in big games.

That's not worth our number 1 or 4 overall picks and imo not worth our 2nd round picks as those 2nd rounders are in essence late first round picks.

I could be wrong and you all might fleece us for 2nd rounders or so, but I doubt it.

I also don't quite undrstand why you would give up Alex Smith in the first place....Mahomes flashed big time ability but he was always a 2 year project..he likely needs more time.

19 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

For being so great you were asking for a 5th not too long ago.

Understand the context of this statement. Chiefs had just lost 6 in a row, lastly to the Jets on Dec.3. Alex was mired in a dismal slump with the Chiefs. This was before he and Nagy pulled the Chiefs season out of the fire. Yeah, Smith wasn't worth much December 3. Unfortunately, he'll still not bring 1st. Rd. draft pick attention. I'm still laughing. :D

Archived