You’re Cincy: What would it take from Miami?

DirtyDez

Just as conversation based on Lance Zierlein’s terrible mock.  He had Miami trading #5/#18 which obviously wouldn’t be enough.  What would it take if you’re the Bengals?

Dolphins available picks...

This year:

2021:

Own picks plus 1/2nd from Houston

Only trade I make is with Washington so I could secure Tua. But I have Burrow neck and neck with Tua unlike a lot of people on here. 

To move down to #2 (If Washington is in love with Burrow for some reason) I’d want Pick #2 for Tua and their 2021 1st. 

All picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3, 2020 to 2029

Here's the most recent actual 5, 18, 26s

2015: Brandon Scherff, Marcus Peters, Breshad Perriman
2016: Jalen Ramsey, Ryan Kelly, Paxton Lynch
2017: Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Takkarist McKinley
2018: Bradley Chubb, Jaire Alexander, Calvin Ridley
2019: Devin White, Garrett Bradbury, Montez Sweat

I'm not trading a franchise QB  (on a team that desperately needs a franchise QB) for anything close to that.  Being a little more realistic, it could be all 5 first rd picks the next 2 years, and i'm still not doing it.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Only trade I make is with Washington so I could secure Tua. But I have Burrow neck and neck with Tua unlike a lot of people on here. 

To move down to #2 (If Washington is in love with Burrow for some reason) I’d want Pick #2 for Tua and their 2021 1st. 

On talent, Burrow and Tua are very close.  That said, i'm shying away from the 21 year old who has already had surgery on both ankles and his hip.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Just as conversation based on Lance Zierlein’s terrible mock.  He had Miami trading #5/#18 which obviously wouldn’t be enough.

Does this Lance dude actually get paid for the BS he does lmao?

-
1700 (5)
900 (18)
510 (39)

And I think given the premium right now for a very desirable QB at the top you'd be looking at a 2021 first added in on top of that.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Does this Lance dude actually get paid for the BS he does lmao?

-
1700 (5)
900 (18)
510 (39)

And I think given the premium right now for a very desirable QB at the top you'd be looking at a 2021 first added in on top of that.

these are the same reporters that started the rumor that the redskins/lions are taking tua lol

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You hang up the phone and don't listen, imo...

It's too hard to find franchise QBs. Trading down when you have one sitting right in front of you isn't an option.

This. Take Burrow, give him four years and hope for the best.

14 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

All the firsts, this year and next. Only because it’d all but guarantee me Lawrence. Anything less, no thanks. 

The only guarantee to get Lawrence is if you have the #1 pick in 2021 because that team (correctly) isn't going to trade it for any amount of picks.

I would jump at a 5th and 18th for #1 overall, which is why I doubt Miami would make such an offer.

I realize it sounds like heresy but I'm not convinced there is a franchise QB in the 2020 draft.  Assuming we agree that Joe and Tua are the two favorites, we're talking about a weakish arm, which translates to "interception machine" at the NFL level, and someone who can't stay healthy behind better O-Lines than he'll see in Cinci or Miami. 

In trading down, Cinci's best case scenario would be to get Tua at 5th and hope against hope to keep him upright and intact.  Worst case?  Take 6' 6", 236 pound Justin Herbert at #5, as Lance Zierlein's 2.0 draft indicates.  Either way, the Bengals might score a great OT at #18, whom they'll need going forward.  Somewhere in between is the option of addressing other areas of crying need in this draft, getting a bridge QB for now, and waiting for 2021 to get a true franchise QB.