You’re Cincy: What would it take from Miami?

DirtyDez

Just now, Jeezla said:

I'd rather have Jedrick Willis, one of Kristian Fulton/CJ Henderson, and one of Cesar Ruiz/Robert Hunt over just Chase Young. Maybe you'd be the terrible GM.

Well the Bengals ARE taking Joe Burrow #1, and if the Dolphins are trying to trade up to #1, it’s because they want to do the same. So if they want Joe Burrow, they need to pay up. Not sure what’s so hard to understand. The Bengals aren’t actively shopping the pick to get out of having to take Burrow. 

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

Well the Bengals ARE taking Joe Burrow #1, and if the Dolphins are trying to trade up to #1, it’s because they want to do the same. So if they want Joe Burrow, they need to pay up. Not sure what’s so hard to understand. The Bengals aren’t actively shopping the pick to get out of having to take Burrow. 

The author of thread is asking what we as individuals would do. Do you not understand this concept?

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd rather have Jedrick Willis, one of Kristian Fulton/CJ Henderson, and one of Cesar Ruiz/Robert Hunt over just Chase Young. Maybe you'd be the terrible GM.

Yea people forget that if you get the right talent you can win with mediocre at QB.

Back when RB's were still considered a premium the Cowboys built the 90's dynasty off the Walker trade alone. 

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wait until next year and get Trevor Lawrence. The Bengals are gonna be bad again next year methinks. Start some absolute trash can at QB. 

So tank 2 years in a row? I don’t think so. Not with what they’ve spent in FA this year. What if Trevor has a Tua like situation? You can’t assume you are gonna get the #1 pick. Most people had the Dolphins pegged as the #1 pick before the season started. 

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

So tank 2 years in a row? I don’t think so. Not with what they’ve spent in FA this year. What if Trevor has a Tua like situation? You can’t assume you are gonna get the #1 pick. Most people had the Dolphins pegged as the #1 pick before the season started. 

I agree. But if I’m a bad team, I always trade down if I can rape someone in a trade. 

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

I mean its not the worst plan I’ve heard, but that’s not a very good long term solution. 

I don't want that OL as is protecting my rookie QB. Let Cam get killed behind it while Willis and either Ruiz or Hunt learn the ropes. Then draft Fields or T Law.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I'd rather have Jedrick Willis, one of Kristian Fulton/CJ Henderson, and one of Cesar Ruiz/Robert Hunt (Plus a starting LB) over just Chase Young. Maybe you'd be the terrible GM.

I think this is terrible because if you trade the pick you’re giving up one of the most sure prospects at QB in draft history to get 3 (hopefully) solid players. Also, you’re hoping that you play bad enough to get the top pick again. Lawrence, as of right now before he even plays a down in 2020, probably has a 5% or so less chance of being a bust than Burrow. So you’re gonna wait a year to maybe have a chance at a guy that gives you 5% better odds of finding your Franchise QB? Also, this plan requires you to push back any chance of being a contender by at least a year. 

Another thing is, isn’t the bengals going crazy in free agency basically the same concept as gaining draft picks? They all equate to players on the roster and we added 5 new starters on defense so far

52 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

I think this is terrible because if you trade the pick you’re giving up one of the most sure prospects at QB in draft history to get 3 (hopefully) solid players. Also, you’re hoping that you play bad enough to get the top pick again. Lawrence, as of right now before he even plays a down in 2020, probably has a 5% or so less chance of being a bust than Burrow. So you’re gonna wait a year to maybe have a chance at a guy that gives you 5% better odds of finding your Franchise QB? Also, this plan requires you to push back any chance of being a contender by at least a year. 

Another thing is, isn’t the bengals going crazy in free agency basically the same concept as gaining draft picks? They all equate to players on the roster and we added 5 new starters on defense so far

I personally don't believe Burrow is that great, so I'm mostly just trying to get multiple players that I think can be great at their respective positions, until I do find a QB I want to hang my hat on. You obviously believe in Burrow.. I don't. That's why I make the trade. Then I make the rest of the team better, particularly the OL. I think the Bengals with Jameis/Cam, plus Jedrick Wills, another top notch interior OL, and another quality CB (Plus the starter caliber LB) is better than the Bengals with just Joe Burrow. Especially if they signed Jameis for a reasonable deal.

Jameis could do damage with Green/Boyd/Ross/Tate/Mixon. Draft Wills, Fulton, Ruiz, and Kmet or Trautman. You can now protect your QB with 3 young stud OL in Jonah (Hopefully he stays healthy), Jedrick, and Ruiz, and you also now have a quality outside CB, LB, and a better team in general than you would have had if you just drafted Joe Burrow, barring him becoming the next Pat Mahomes or Brady/Peyton/Montana, which I just don't foresee happening.

Edited by Jeezla

History says 50% or more of the "draft haul" you get by trading Burrow are going to bust.  The Bengals have remade their defense through FA (Reader, Waynes, McKensie, Bell, Tynes added to Dunlap, Atkins, Jackson, Hubbard, Bates) so I expect 33 to either be a trade down for more picks or the top WR or OL available if one they like is still there (Mims, Jefferson, Ruiz, Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, etc.._)