It will be nice to see the draft in a small room

viper952

They should have chat room, with all the rookies on there and the chat room is on the tv screen, like a split screen and we can see the players talking trash.

Tua: "wow they took herbert before me, what a joke"

Tua leaves chat..

Love: "im about to be picked before tua, watch"

Tua enters the chat..

Tua: if Love goes before me, im going back to Alabama.

Rodger Goodell: 😋

• Like 5

Shouldnt be too much different in terms of the excitement/anticipation of the picks. They should still have Goodell walk up to a podium with a card and still announce the pick with the little 'The Pick Is In' jingle. Still have the guest announcers in the 2nd-5th rounds like they always have.

You just wouldnt have the crowd reaction after each pick is announced but you would have the immediate cut to the 'studio' where the hosts talk about each pick.

Its 2020, Im sure there is a way for them to fill the void of the loud crowd reactions virtually somehow. Ive never really cared about the players walking across stage so that being gone doesnt really do anything for me.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, viper952 said:

Like it use to be

Agreed.  I had grown tired of the sideshow the draft had become with mascots and animals making picks.  Nothing beats just good ole fashioned football analysis.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VanS said:

Agreed.  I had grown tired of the sideshow the draft had become with mascots and animals making picks.  Nothing beats just good ole fashioned football analysis.

The time for analysis is before the draft.

The draft itself...i love that it's a ridiculous overblown spectacle.  Day 1 at least.  It makes it feel special and exciting.  I like excitement, and drama, and controversy.

After that, nobody really cares anyway...the spectacle dies off, and it's just normal.  By Day 3...the coverage has basically become a joke.  Just loudmouths sitting there playing "games" and blabbing about other stuff while falling 10 picks behind in the actual order and occasionally spouting a random anecdote that has nothing to do with football.

It's really not going to be the same without the energy of a live audience.  It had to be done this way.  I'm glad they've been responsible about it.  There's zero reason for them to take those risks and jeopardize so much for what does amount to a pretty frivolous pageant.  I'm just not "excited" about the prospect of a pretty dry, flat NFL draft this year.  It's just one of a plethora of things that are going to be disappointing and weird as a result of this whole thing.

On 23/03/2020 at 10:32 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Shouldnt be too much different in terms of the excitement/anticipation of the picks. They should still have Goodell walk up to a podium with a card and still announce the pick with the little 'The Pick Is In' jingle. Still have the guest announcers in the 2nd-5th rounds like they always have.

You just wouldnt have the crowd reaction after each pick is announced but you would have the immediate cut to the 'studio' where the hosts talk about each pick.

Its 2020, Im sure there is a way for them to fill the void of the loud crowd reactions virtually somehow. Ive never really cared about the players walking across stage so that being gone doesnt really do anything for me.

This is everything that is wrong with today.  People thinking that authentic situations, reactions, sounds...can just be "replaced" with some sort of simulation.  Truly an era of fake everything.

This is going to be terrific unless they cut away to show some short versions like 30 30 show crap. Than come back after 10 picks go off the board.  You sit there for hrs and you only get to see your pick on a screen behind someones head without a comment.

Ex Pats pick Joe Morrow, the next comment is, Skins pick Young. They just go down the list on the screen, nothing but the name.

Just put Mel and the other guy on and have them breakdown the picks with comments and film.

I don't need to here about a player that save the world crap or fought hard to get here. Comment fine but world premiere, not.

PS  NFL  just so you know the best way to watch the draft after the 1st day is to tape it, cut the grass (chores) and than start watching after a hour or two. That way you can cut all the crap out and forward to the picks!  :D

Edited by m haynes

Given how starved for sports people are already, this is going to be the highest rated draft of all time even if the format they choose sucks.  They really should try to keep it as close to normal as possible, just without people next to each other.  Easy enough to split screen 2-4 guys talking with the draft info on the bottom.

• Like 1