JLA Mafia Game Thread DAY 4

Blue

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Really.  The methodology is sound the numbers are soundish (can only increase).  

Of 33 games the average is 2.5 scum in the 7-15 slots.  Round up to 3 we have a 3 in 9 or a  33% chance of lynching scum if we lynch from those spots. 

Now I'm not suggesting lynching from those spots for teh hell of it.  Just using it in conjunction with teh thread, reads, etc.  

There is no selection bias for spots 7-15. It’s all random

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Really.  The methodology is sound the numbers are soundish (can only increase).  

Of 33 games the average is 2.5 scum in the 7-15 slots.  Round up to 3 we have a 3 in 9 or a  33% chance of lynching scum if we lynch from those spots. 

Now I'm not suggesting lynching from those spots for teh hell of it.  Just using it in conjunction with teh thread, reads, etc.  

how many scum are in the 1-9 slots.

bet its about the same

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

There is no selection bias for spots 7-15. It’s all random

It is not all random, depending on how and what people use to randomize, the results vary 

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

bet its about the same

Still should come out to a 1/3 chance in a narrowed field

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

bet its about the same

I'd take that bet. (Then again you would be included sole of teh same numbers)

There is a reason I was town for a year straight signing up in the first few spots.  

Cant remember if he did it, but I told @MWil23 to break his suck streak to signup early and he broke it somewhat lol. 

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

It’s not being obtuse, it’s just explaining that what you’re saying doesn’t mean what you think it does 

12 votes end the day, period. 4 votes is 1/3 of the way there. That's exactly what I'm saying and means just that.

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'd take that bet. (Then again you would be included sole of teh same numbers)

There is a reason I was town for a year straight signing up in the first few spots.  

Cant remember if he did it, but I told @MWil23 to break his suck streak to signup early and he broke it somewhat lol. 

Okay, I will bet 10 likes

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

LOL

We talked about this in dead chat a few games ago. I did that, then proceeded to be scum in Wrestlemafia 2, Town in Malf's game, back to scum last game in Daboyle's Office setup, back to Town here. 2 out of 4 times it worked, so I feel like the typical chance of hitting scum is like 1/4 or 1/5, but to be fair, my first 10 out of 11 Mafia games I was Town, so...who knows?

Just now, Malfatron said:

the theory cant be possible with true random

Which is impossible to achieve and soley dependent on the method used and how the roles are entered 

I have a huge gripe in general will randomization methods/sites. They usually suck and leave patterns/sets. That's why I take multiple extra steps when I do it 

I would be willing to bet more often than not more scum appears in the section proposed than others

Though if truley random over a period of games 1/3 should be any "like" segment...never happens imo for the above reasons 

• Like 1