JLA Mafia Game Thread DAY 4

Blue

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Oh good. I'm headed out to help out grandmother get home once she is released. I'll post mine when I get back or tonight 

She's been in for a long time man. I hope all is well!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

She's been in for a long time man. I hope all is well!

Yeah, she was moved to a nursing home and now the insurance won't pay for it so she is gonna go back home and get in-home care.  She has made some progress but it's a slow recovery. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You ignored the context of my votes, which was clearly when I was responding to other posters (Forge about Squire/KSJ threatening to take his hammer), Biggio with an angry Tony Stark gif, etc.

That's the part I have an issue with. You came to a conclusion first, THEN chose the information to back your "case" against me. That's the opposite of the scientific theory. You should create a hypothesis, observe and test it, then come to your conclusion. You used inductive reasoning at best. That's the issue I have.

Aside from the host flavor, clear, and how he believes Ragnarok is actually an indestructible other which would make this game a bastard setup? That's the entire flavor/host setup being contradicted.

I already responded to him. Go back and see what I'm saying.

I don't take argument with your conclusion, but rather HOW you got there, while ignoring the context of when I posted. I was the third vote because I was busy responding to other posters, going back and rereading some things, and by the time I saw XMad's post (which I quoted when I voted him), two others had already done so.

Any time somebody posts a bunch of erroneous information pertaining to me, I'm going to react.

What are you even saying here? This doesn't make any sense. You VOTED me first, then went back and used that information to justify your vote, not the other way around, so you're lying.

It 100% is a factor when I didn't see the votes because I was posting and responding to others and then went back to read.

LOL!!!!

No, I'm discrediting your read because it had already been pointed out by two other people and you waited 12+ pages to say "Did you see what MWil did" when Squire and Whicker already pointed it out.

The DIFFERENCE is that I'm saying I DID NOT read or see those other posts, but you CLEARLY DID, with your own admission of your vote of me on Page 26. 

LOL, SEE ABOVE! My rationale was that I didn't see the other post on XMad because I was responding to other posters while those other people were voting it/seeing him and I was playing catchup. It has NOTHING to do with the timeframe and everything to do with context and what was read. You even ADMIT that you saw Matts, Squire, and Whicker make those posts, and yet you waited inexplicably for 12 pages to justify your vote. That's VASTLY different.

Yep

See above

No, see above on the "timing" argument, as well as justifying HOW you came to that conclusion (first) instead of gathering information first and then coming to the conclusion.

I actually did say that, and said that I understand it even though you/Matts are wrong, but that your process of getting there is also greatly flawed.

Yes, I think I cleared that up.

That's 100% false and see above for CONTEXT.

1. You dont understand what cherry picked means is what I'm getting here. It would mean I picked a post to fit my narrative while ignoring a post that didnt or hurt what I was saying. I included I think every post that related to the topic to avoid this fallacized (is this a word lol) arguement. Ignoring what you believe is context is not cherry picking

Cherry picking- the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.

How is a gif or Squire/KSJ talking about hammers less beneficial to what I'm saying? No relation does not mean less beneficial or not fitting the narrative, sorry but the narrative here still remains the same with or without that. Cherry picked argument dead on arrival

2. I'm lost here completely. Why is scientific theory the starting point for all things in mafia

3. You said xmad was contradicting himself, not contradicting the host with his reasoning/vote. Completely different

Contradict- deny the truth of (a statement) by asserting the opposite

So what did Xmad say then changed to the opposite? 

Contradicting the host revealing the alignment of Rags is not contradicting himself. We dont know the setup either, anything is possible at the moment

4. What was erroneous?

5. What is a lie? You avoided what i propsed and the questions

To go on further, you are making no sense st all. This is all multidimensional 

6. You claimed you arent a follower and then follwed after following. 2 times that you are going to claim both is just coincidental

7. You admit to trying to discredit my read, but still are completely wrong on what that read was. Matts, Squire and Whicker did not point out my read lmao. If you want to call their posts a subset of posts that contain to or help the totality contextually of the read, sure. But completely different 

8. You are using timing as an excuse for 2 times being the 3rd on the wagon and at the same time using the timing of me explaining the read as means to discredit it

9. For example I was busy and couldnt fully put my thoughts into a long read until I did. Does that change the timing you are trying to use to discredit it, because of 12 pages? What if I wanted to see where you went after the "I get it I'll post my list so dont vote me" post. I could go on. You are highly defensive that the read is false cause I didnt let the world know my thoughts for 12 pages lmao 

10. What information should I have gathered? How should have I gathered said info? This is hilarious by the way lmao. Also, I wonder if you took into account this all went through my head in like 2 seconds and then i had to put it in words and in the thread? Would that change your opinion of the events? I'm still lost on what info I should have gathered 

11. You have not cleared anything up lmao

12. Look above for why this is false. You are still contradicting yourself 

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Yeah, she was moved to a nursing home and now the insurance won't pay for it so she is gonna go back home and get in-home care.  She has made some progress but it's a slow recovery. 

Insurance...what a joke man. Sorry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1. You dont understand what cherry picked means is what I'm getting here. It would mean I picked a post to fit my narrative while ignoring a post that didnt or hurt what I was saying. I included I think every post that related to the topic to avoid this fallacized (is this a word lol) arguement. Ignoring what you believe is context is not cherry picking

Cherry picking- the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.

How is a gif or Squire/KSJ talking about hammers less beneficial to what I'm saying? No relation does not mean less beneficial or not fitting the narrative, sorry but the narrative here still remains the same with or without that. Cherry picked argument dead on arrival

2. I'm lost here completely. Why is scientific theory the starting point for all things in mafia

3. You said xmad was contradicting himself, not contradicting the host with his reasoning/vote. Completely different

Contradicting the host revealing the alignment of Rags is not contradicting himself. We dont know the setup either, anything is possible at the moment

4. What was erroneous?

6. You claimed you arent a follower and then follwed after following. 2 times that you are going to claim both is just coincidental

7. You admit to trying to discredit my read, but still are completely wrong on what that read was. Matts, Squire and Whicker did not point out my read lmao. If you want to call their posts a subset of posts that contain to or help the totality contextually of the read, sure. But completely different 

8. You are using timing as an excuse for 2 times being the 3rd on the wagon and at the same time using the timing of me explaining the read as means to discredit it

9. For example I was busy and couldnt fully put my thoughts into a long read until I did. Does that change the timing you are trying to use to discredit it, because of 12 pages? What if I wanted to see where you went after the "I get it I'll post my list so dont vote me" post. I could go on. You are highly defensive that the read is false cause I didnt let the world know my thoughts for 12 pages lmao 

10. What information should I have gathered? How should have I gathered said info? This is hilarious by the way lmao. Also, I wonder if you took into account this all went through my head in like 2 seconds and then i had to put it in words and in the thread? Would that change your opinion of the events? I'm still lost on what info I should have gathered 

good grief

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

4. What was erroneous?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

13 minutes ago, The Orca said:

4. What was erroneous?

I’m not a teacher. I’m not going to grade your essay 

43 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Well I've been all over scum on d1 in 4 of the last 6 games and no one listened,  so I gotta add statistics in a hope of achieving followers while also maintaining my skills xD

I’ll listen this time 

Vote Count

josh - 4 - Touch, KSJ, Dome

Counselor - 1 - Forge

Mwil - 3 - Matts, Orca, Daboyle

Swag - 1 - bcb

Ragnarok - 1 - Xmad

Xmad - 5 - Squire, Mwil, Swag, biggio, Whicker

KSJ - 1 - JoshstraDaymus

Daboyle - 1 - Counselor

Whicker - 1 - Amac

With 23 alive and 23 voting, it's 12 to lynch

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

The twins are good people. They don’t curse me like a dome does. Or call me a dunce like josh. Or screw up hosting like daboyle. 

Must be nice.  They put lipstick all over their face like war paint before branding their life-size doll with my name every night and banging it.