JLA Mafia Game Thread DAY 4

Blue

Just now, MWil23 said:

Potentially valid, but I value thread play and players more than many, admittedly. What Malf just did, for example, is clearly an example going forward of someone who would try to take out a power role or player. I’m not speaking strictly about today, but rather going forward.

I just don’t understand your perspective. 

Assuming this is the way the lynch is decided, which is an assumption, I feel like scum would just be happy making sure that a townie gets lynched. If they wanted to hit a strongly suspected power role, they have abilities for that. Townies, on the other hand, will want to ensure that as many people on their “list” is on the block as possible. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Would it be more telling to let fate decide or to see lynch trains? I always value lynch trains and voting tendencies, so throwaway votes are telling, but not usually as telling as lynch wagons.

JMHO

if people want to go for a lynch, im not stopping them

Vote Count

josh - 4 - Touch, KSJ, Dome

Counselor - 1 - Forge

Mwil - 4 - Matts, Orca, Daboyle, Et80

Swag - 1 - bcb

Ragnarok - 1 - Xmad

Xmad - 6 - Squire, Mwil, Swag, biggio, Dingo, Finn

KSJ - 1 - JoshstraDaymus

Daboyle - 1 - Counselor

Whicker - 1 - Amac

Pickle Rick - 1 - Whicker

Amac - 1 - Malfatron

With 23 alive and 23 voting, it's 12 to lynch

Day phase will end at 10am tomorrow with a lynch of a random person from the vote count if a majority cannot be reached

Just now, Whicker said:

I just don’t understand your perspective. 

Assuming this is the way the lynch is decided, which is an assumption, I feel like scum would just be happy making sure that a townie gets lynched. If they wanted to hit a strongly suspected power role, they have abilities for that. Townies, on the other hand, will want to ensure that as many people on their “list” is on the block as possible. 

The more lynch trains happen with any semblance of a mislynch, the more things naturally divide themselves organically and scum can only hide for so long even if Town is compromised of average game solvers, let alone good ones.

A mislynch, while unfortunate, is a great way to garner information. Sorting through a bunch of shotgunned random votes would be difficult and more difficult to push/gain support for.

I believe we should do a random lynch with as many people in the pool as possible. That gives us the biggest chance to lynch scum (as scum have more control over votes and will better be able to keep themselves off than individual townies) and gives us a night to evaluate night moves. Beyond lynching a scum straight up, this is the most pro town move 

Just now, MWil23 said:

The more lynch trains happen with any semblance of a mislynch, the more things naturally divide themselves organically and scum can only hide for so long even if Town is compromised of average game solvers, let alone good ones.

A mislynch, while unfortunate, is a great way to garner information. Sorting through a bunch of shotgunned random votes would be difficult and more difficult to push/gain support for.

So you are advocating for a lynch and not a randomized. I’m saying a randomized lynch is best with the most available players 

Just now, Whicker said:

I believe we should do a random lynch with as many people in the pool as possible. That gives us the biggest chance to lynch scum (as scum have more control over votes and will better be able to keep themselves off than individual townies) and gives us a night to evaluate night moves. Beyond lynching a scum straight up, this is the most pro town move 

You think a random pool with approximately a 1/3 chance in a basic mafia ratio is more valuable than thread play and meta? I wholeheartedly respectfully disagree. It’s unsustainable in a game of this size.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

So you are advocating for a lynch and not a randomized. I’m saying a randomized lynch is best with the most available players 

Just now, MWil23 said:

You think a random pool with approximately a 1/3 chance in a basic mafia ratio is more valuable than thread play and meta? I wholeheartedly respectfully disagree. It’s unsustainable in a game of this size.

We will agree to disagree here, but again I admittedly value meta more than many others.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I think IF WE’RE GOING THE RANDOMIZED LYNCH ROUTE then we should spread it out. You cannot convince me otherwise because you’re wrong. 
But that’s not what you’re advocating. We’re talking past each other

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

We’re not even talking about the same thing

Ok, let me see if I understand where you are coming from.

You're not advocating a completely random 1/3 chance. You are advocating putting up your best 3-4 reads (or fill in whatever number makes the most sense to you), and then from those 3/4 people, encouraging people not to plop down other 1/2 votes, but to spread those 1/2 votes on "random" people onto the 3-4 biggest reads?

From a rationale perspective, I agree with this. You still get clear separation and better odds, because you're incorporating the threadplay and voting trends. I'd be up for that.