JLA Mafia Game Thread DAY 4

Blue

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I am just incapable of collaborating with people. There’s only one way to do things: my way. And if you disagree then you’re wrong. End of story

I second this 

I am the same way, but I'll hear you out.  What you thinking?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Ok, let me see if I understand where you are coming from.

You're not advocating a completely random 1/3 chance. You are advocating putting up your best 3-4 reads (or fill in whatever number makes the most sense to you), and then from those 3/4 people, encouraging people not to plop down other 1/2 votes, but to spread those 1/2 votes on "random" people onto the 3-4 biggest reads?

From a rationale perspective, I agree with this. You still get clear separation and better odds, because you're incorporating the threadplay and voting trends. I'd be up for that.

I’m saying that the townie perspective of the randomized lynch is to get as many of his reads as a possible lynch as possible. The scum perspective is to minimize the chances of scum lynch. So “being suspicious” of someone plopping down a random vote is the opposite of what we would have thought. But now that it’s in the open it’s done 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I second this 

I am the same way, but I'll hear you out.  What you thinking?

I’m saying that wanting to reduce the number of potential players on a randomized lynch is the scum perspective 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’m saying that the townie perspective of the randomized lynch is to get as many of his reads as a possible lynch as possible. The scum perspective is to minimize the chances of scum lynch. So “being suspicious” of someone plopping down a random vote is the opposite of what we would have thought. But now that it’s in the open it’s done 

Right, that's what I just said in the underlined below man. I think that we are saying the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Ok, let me see if I understand where you are coming from.

You're not advocating a completely random 1/3 chance. You are advocating putting up your best 3-4 reads (or fill in whatever number makes the most sense to you), and then from those 3/4 people, encouraging people not to plop down other 1/2 votes, but to spread those 1/2 votes on "random" people onto the 3-4 biggest reads?

From a rationale perspective, I agree with this. You still get clear separation and better odds, because you're incorporating the threadplay and voting trends. I'd be up for that.

So, for example, lets say I had 4 scum reads. I'd want to encourage town, if we were unable to get one of those 4 on the 12 person lynch wagon (what it looks like), to spread those votes out on those 4 so that I could get an even chance of one of them "hitting", whereas scum would want to lynch just one person (a mislynch). Correct?

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Right, that's what I just said in the underlined below man. I think that we are saying the same thing.

So, for example, lets say I had 4 scum reads. I'd want to encourage town, if we were unable to get one of those 4 on the 12 person lynch wagon (what it looks like), to spread those votes out on those 4 so that I could get an even chance of one of them "hitting", whereas scum would want to lynch just one person (a mislynch). Correct?

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So those who seemingly plop a random vote down to get somebody 1 vote should be a major red flag.