FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

So how we doing so far, with FFMD?

Anything you guys would like to see done differently in the future?

Please provide us with as much feedback as you can so that the gang can insure it doesn't fizzle.  It's back...let's keep it this time.

Appreciate you all for being part of this without you guys we'd just be playing with ourselves, while fun it's better with you guys...haha.

Thanks

Mike

PS...There was some concern with some higher ups that using the google workbook to track everything could be an issue, has that been an issue for you guys?

@HoboRocket @FalconFan13 @scar988 @baltimoreRebel @NickChowaniec @PR @WindyCity @johndeere1707 @freakygeniuskid @D82 @BowserBroncos @TL-TwoWinsAway @BigC421/ @FinneasGage @MaximusGluteus @jch1911 @Packerraymond @LinderFournette @Kirill @jimkelly02 @Duffman57 @ThatDiesel @Counselor @mountainpd @Rgossett07 @RpMc @Greene N White @sparky151 @ny92mike @Acgott @bcb1213 @EaglesPeteC @jebrick @Justone2 @MSUspartanz @MikeT14 @BucsDraftGeek47 @Daniel @SerenityNow @mike23md @festiveonion @JIllg

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 2

@ny92mike

Honestly, FFMD II '20 has been fantastic: the workbook is thorough, the activity is solid and there's a good group of people involved. All of the trade talks so far have been fair and respectful, and I think the timeframes are ideal. (The writers have been a bright spot as well. Great work by each of them.)

Absolutely no complaints from me, and I know a ton of work went into this. Big thanks to those that have spent considerable time and effort to make this a possibility.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 4

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@ny92mike

Honestly, FFMD II '20 has been fantastic: the workbook is thorough, the activity is solid and there's a good group of people involved. All of the trade talks so far been fair and respectful, and I think the timeframes are ideal. (The writers have been a bright spot as well. Great work by each of them.)

Absolutely no complaints from me, and I know a ton of work went into this. Big thanks to those that have spent considerable time and effort to make this a possibility.

Thanks man.

If I had been around during that Carolina trade that sent future picks I probably would have flagged that just because the Raiders gained no real value in that deal, but outside of the I'd agree the trades have been pretty fair.

It's been awhile but I gotta agree with you this group of writers we've got right now is tops.  @JIllg / @festiveonion I made some space in the Draft Board sheet to copy the grades over you've been posting, so that once this is over we can review.  Really appreciate the amount of work you guys are putting in.  Pete is buying you all face masks for your efforts.

• Like 3

Just now, ny92mike said:

Thanks man.

If I had been around during that Carolina trade that sent future picks I probably would have flagged that just because the Raiders gained no real value in that deal, but outside of the I'd agree the trades have been pretty fair.

It's been awhile but I gotta agree with you this group of writers we've got right now is tops.  @JIllg / @festiveonion I made some space in the Draft Board sheet to copy the grades over you've been posting, so that once this is over we can review.  Really appreciate the amount of work you guys are putting in.  Pete is buying you all face masks for your efforts.

Ouch... couldn't splurge for some toilet paper...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly absolutely love how involved most rooms are getting and how most teams have multiple guys being involved. Doc is solid and easy to get.

You get a chance check out the Giants sheet... It's a little messy because I just tossed it in when I was calculating trade deals last night, but if you guys think this is something that you and the others would use let me know and I'll work it into the other team sheets.

Basically calculates the trade offer using check marks to the left of the pick can't see them in what I copied over, but you can see what I mean in the team sheet.

Draft Picks    
  1st Rnd - Pick 7 | Overall: 7 | NYG selects Andrew Thomas - LT   1500
  2nd Rnd - Pick 4 | Overall: 36 | New York Giants   540
  2nd Rnd - Pick 6 | Overall: 38 | New York Giants   520
  4th Rnd - Pick 4 | Overall: 110 | New York Giants   74
  5th Rnd - Pick 4 | Overall: 150 | New York Giants   31.4
  6th Rnd - Pick 4 | Overall: 184 | New York Giants   18.8
  7th Rnd - Pick 4 | Overall: 219 | New York Giants   4.8
  7th Rnd - Pick 24 | Overall: 239 | New York Giants   1.5
  7th Rnd - Pick 33 | Overall: 248 | New York Giants   0.8
  7th Rnd - Pick 41 | Overall: 256 | New York Giants   0.4

Difference of DVP   0
  Green Bay Packers    

Draft Picks    
  1st Rnd - Pick 30 | Overall: 30 | GB selects Denzel Mims - WR   620
  2nd Rnd - Pick 30 | Overall: 62 | Green Bay Packers   284
  3rd Rnd - Pick 30 | Overall: 94 | Green Bay Packers   124
  4th Rnd - Pick 30 | Overall: 136 | Green Bay Packers   38
  5th Rnd - Pick 30 | Overall: 176 | Green Bay Packers   22
  6th Rnd - Pick 13 | Overall: 193 | Green Bay Packers   15.2
  6th Rnd - Pick 29 | Overall: 209 | Green Bay Packers   8.8
  6th Rnd - Pick 30 | Overall: 210 | Green Bay Packers   8.4
  7th Rnd - Pick 22 | Overall: 237 | Green Bay Packers   1.7
  7th Rnd - Pick 28 | Overall: 243 | Green Bay Packers   1.1

1 minute ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I've been a lot more involved than I thought I'd be.  I thought I'd do more observing but I jumped right in and it's been fun.  Next year I'll try to grab a GM spot instead of AGM so I can get in on the trading frenzy.

It's not like you really have to listen to Finn anyway. Let's be real, even in a time of pandemic, there is no less than a 73% chance that @FinneasGageis drunk and at IHOP

• Like 2

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

I've been a lot more involved than I thought I'd be.  I thought I'd do more observing but I jumped right in and it's been fun.  Next year I'll try to grab a GM spot instead of AGM so I can get in on the trading frenzy.

Awesome man.  We understand that there is some work involved with this stuff but was thinking that the workbook would make things a little easier in tracking draftees, order and keeping up with the rosters.  Is this something that you believe has helped make it easier to get involved in or was that not an issue either way?