FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

Just now, Matts4313 said:

FFMD used to be insane. We had online google docs with all our info. We had coded messages and code names for players so we could discuss in thread. People used to spy on other forums to try and break down what each team was doing. 

It was awesome for us, we had an enormous staff broken into specific divisions of our empire. Everyone was crazy involved. 

I miss it as well.

My favorite part was that we kept everything just straightforward in the Falcons forum. We didn't care if you spied. IF we got our guy, cool. IF not, we had others we liked as much. The picks were all voted on and I had final say which I only used once and it was to break a tie between two guys at the exact same spot.

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

just out of curiosity , what happened? is it when we moved to the new updated forum? 

People moved away from forums and towards facebook and twitter. It's been a long time and the internet is just different now. Social media kind of killed forums. Twitter specifically.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

My favorite part was that we kept everything just straightforward in the Falcons forum. We didn't care if you spied. IF we got our guy, cool. IF not, we had others we liked as much. The picks were all voted on and I had final say which I only used once and it was to break a tie between two guys at the exact same spot.

I love using a coded system. My favorite part is having someone use the wrong code, then everyone get confused as to why they want that position, or that prospect. Arguments ensue. So entertaining.

• Like 2

Just now, scar988 said:

People moved away from forums and towards facebook and twitter. It's been a long time and the internet is just different now. Social media kind of killed forums. Twitter specifically.

Agreed - it was nice to see the name scar pop up in the forum again.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I love using a coded system. My favorite part is having someone use the wrong code, then everyone get confused as to why they want that position, or that prospect. Arguments ensue. So entertaining.

That's the difference between everyone. We just didn't care about that in the Falcons group. We had too few people to make it matter. And honestly, it's a forum, not the real team. We had our whole pitches done in the forum too before we submitted it. The only thing we kept somewhat coded were the structures of the contracts we offered.

Just now, RpMc said:

Agreed - it was nice to see the name scar pop up in the forum again.

YEah man. I've been in and out of here at times over the last 7 years. Decided to come back full time when the filters at work didn't allow me to hit twitter. As crazy as that sounds. I'm on here at work all the time. Gives me something to do during down time.

• Like 2

Just now, scar988 said:

That's the difference between everyone. We just didn't care about that in the Falcons group. We had too few people to make it matter. And honestly, it's a forum, not the real team. We had our whole pitches done in the forum too before we submitted it. The only thing we kept somewhat coded were the structures of the contracts we offered.

Yeah, I get that completely, but it still makes it fun to me, in my opinion. I love working with guys on the forum to try and help the board fall a certain way.

Either way: it's great to see FFMD back. It's a unique experience, and this is just the (re)beginning: hopefully it'll continue to grow from here.

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

just out of curiosity , what happened? is it when we moved to the new updated forum? 

Lost some members in the transition. A lot of us have been on the site for many years, so FFMD has lost a bit of the excitement. Its a lot of work and a lot of the same guys kept getting tapped to run it. Most of us are older with kids/jobs/responsibility as opposed to doing it when we were in college. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Lost some members in the transition. A lot of us have been on the site for many years, so FFMD has lost a bit of the excitement. Its a lot of work and a lot of the same guys kept getting tapped to run it. Most of us are older with kids/jobs/responsibility as opposed to doing it when we were in college. 

Bingo. I don't have the time I once had to contribute to being a guy who runs the thing. Especially since I was league capologist one year. That was rough.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

ahh

give me a couple years ill hit that stage lol

for now its FFMD all day son!

• Like 1

Been on FF since Fall of 2006... Found this site during my freshmen english composition class; first year of college.  Been mostly off of it, but the shelter in place brought me back.

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 3

This has been a pretty successful reboot so far, maybe the quarantine has a lot to do with it but hopefully the momentum can allow us to keep bringing it back. It won't be what it once was but this has reaffirmed my thoughts that there is certainly a place for this to keep existing on the forum

• Like 4