FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

FFMD used to be insane. We had online google docs with all our info. We had coded messages and code names for players so we could discuss in thread. People used to spy on other forums to try and break down what each team was doing. 

It was awesome for us, we had an enormous staff broken into specific divisions of our empire. Everyone was crazy involved. 

I miss it as well.

Those were the glory days.  Probably a big part of the reason i started posting a lot more and stuck around forever on these forums tbh.  It was all pretty epic.  All the teams that went all out and were like wandering around the forums with custom sigs stating their role and team affiliation for FFMD.  lol.  So dorky, but so fun.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

People moved away from forums and towards facebook and twitter. It's been a long time and the internet is just different now. Social media kind of killed forums. Twitter specifically.

Yeah.  This seems like it's been a pretty big trend that's hurt forums like this in general, beyond just big events like FFMD.

It's a shame tbh.  Nothing wrong with Twitter as a source of information and stuff...but it kinda feels like the rise of that and things like Reddit even, have contributed to a broader, but less "deep" discussion.  Kinda encourages a quick shoot from the hip "hot take" sort of thing, over real detailed back and forth discussion.  *sigh*.

Really is no way to logistically organize something like FFMD on platforms that widespread, and it's obviously sapped away a lot of activity from forums like this where it is possible - to where it's never really going to be the same.  But i'm still so stoked that it's back.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I love using a coded system. My favorite part is having someone use the wrong code, then everyone get confused as to why they want that position, or that prospect. Arguments ensue. So entertaining.

All those passionate, detailed arguments about random code names.  So good.  Just pages of heated debate about which pokemon has better bend around the edge or whatever, probably looking to the outside like utter nonsense spouted out of a dozen broken glitched out bots.  xD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

All those passionate, detailed arguments about random code names.  So good.  Just pages of heated debate about which pokemon has better bend around the edge or whatever, probably looking to the outside like utter nonsense spouted out of a dozen broken glitched out bots.  xD

Great summary, so true.