Too Many Lockdown Mocks Part Three - Love/Herbert Tumble

BayRaider

Mock Draft:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/QfHc4DfJKH

I now have had Tua going to the Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers, and Raiders. Dolphins is still most likely, but all four are very realistic options.

I also think Love/Herbert both tumbling outside the Top 15 is highly, highly possible. They've both been very propped up by the media.

Man, I'm running out of mock combinations at this point... I'm not gonna be surprised by anything. At like 4-5 Mock Drafts (although only post one every 72 hours) a day right now with no more job until lockdown is over.

Trades:

LVR trade 12,19, 81 to Lions for Pick 3

Lions trade Pick 19 to Eagles for Pick 21 and 3rd Round Pick

Cardinals trade 8 to Jets for 11 and 3rd + 2021 3rd Round Pick

Derek Carr traded to Miami for Pick 56.

Hope you guys enjoy!

P.S. Brown fans, if you don't know who Peart is, he is climbing boards fast.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

If i'm the Bengals and I got QB, OT, IOL, I take Isaiah Wilson there in rd 3 and put him at RG over taking Matt Hennessey.  Given the LB situation the Bengals have currently, I don't know how the pick at 65 isn't Malik Harrison in this scenario though.  If you want to argue Willie Gay Jr over Harrison, I could get that, but either way, I don't see the Bengals waiting on LB until Day 3.

• Like 1

Vikings:

Not a fan of the draft, given the board:

#22 - I would advocate hard for drafting Justin Herbert QB, or at a minimum doing a trade down. Herbert could sit behind Cousins for 2 years, as Vikings could be afforded that luxury since he is not a top 10 pick. Vikings are not strongly going to be competing for at least the next year so this pick is a pick for the future. Diggs for your franchise QBOTF, is definitely something that Vikings GM can sell to owners to get him his next contract.

#25 - I building that OL, so I would take Austin Jackson OT, and I would kick Reilly Rieff to LG for his final year in purple.

#58 - Curtis Weaver Edge - good pick .... #89 - Davon Hamilton, IDL - good pick, tho I might have looked at CB, if no CB in round 1.

For the Ravens. Nice job overall. All alternative suggested picks are based on guys who fell a little bit after.

28. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

With the way the Ravens run their scheme (ILB is very much a platoon position) and not even on the field all the time, I don't see the value in a R1 LB. I'm not going to say the pick is wrong, but would rather see Espenesa or Baun to the Ravens if they're still on the board.

55. Raekwon Davis, IDL, Alabama

I like this pick, although if you skipped EDGE in the first, I might be more interested in Weaver here. Wouldn't mind Cushenberry (IOL) as another possibility. Want to emphasize that this pick would still be good.

60. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

No argument here, but I am a bit sad that we miss out on Tyler Biadasz between here and our next pick. Also just now seeing that Terrell Lewis and Jeremy Chinn you have going after this pick. If EDGE hasn't been addressed yet, I think Lewis may be the best meeting of value and value at this pick.

92. Damien Lewis, IOL, LSU

Makes sense from a need perspective and what was taken before, but I think I would actually prefer Biadasz at 60 to hit on IOL, then see Kyle Dugger at this selection. Obviously some of this just comes down to personal preference.

106. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue

Don't dislike the player, but I'm not a huge fan of the value at this spot.

Overall looks like a good mix of BPA/need. A few minor quibbles, but generally realistic.

Stop reading after Patriots take Herbert. 

Patriots "screams" trade if Herbert is there. The Pats will go with Stidman. Herbert has nothing over Stidman.  Pats load up with more choices.

Zero chance they take Herbert. I would say if they did take a QB here which I highly doubt  it would be Hurts at 23. BB doesn't care what the Draft gurus think.

Edited by m haynes

30.) Green Bay Packers - Denzel Mims [WR; Baylor]

Meh.  Board is pretty rough.  I'd imagine the Packers would be looking for a small move down before they make this selection, but okay pick given the board.

62.) Green Bay Packers - Cole Kmet [TE; Notre Dame]

No thanks.  They're probably just going to roll with Jace Sternberger at TE.  Don't think Kmet really moves the needle much.  Think they're kind of forced to take a tackle here whether it be Prince Tega Wanogho or Ezra Cleveland.

94.) Green Bay Packers - Cameron Dantzler [CB; Mississippi State]

Meh.  I'd probably double-dip at WR with KJ Hill but that might just be me.

Threw up quite a bit when I get to #8.

Jets will not be moving up in the first for Becton.  We need OT help, but we're looking for athletic ZBS linemen.  Becton is a freak, but simply because he's so big.  He's not really a fit for this scheme, and Gase has shown he has a hard time adapting talent to his scheme that doesn't necessarily mesh.

If we do move up for some reason, which I don't foresee, it would be for Okudah or Chase Young if they fall.  We have so many holes and plan to build through the draft.

Keep us at 11 for Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas at OT, or Okudah or Young if they fall, or trade DOWN.

25 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Threw up quite a bit when I get to #8.

Jets will not be moving up in the first for Becton.  We need OT help, but we're looking for athletic ZBS linemen.  Becton is a freak, but simply because he's so big.  He's not really a fit for this scheme, and Gase has shown he has a hard time adapting talent to his scheme that doesn't necessarily mesh.

If we do move up for some reason, which I don't foresee, it would be for Okudah or Chase Young if they fall.  We have so many holes and plan to build through the draft.

Keep us at 11 for Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas at OT, or Okudah or Young if they fall, or trade DOWN.

All four OTs are gone before 11 in this mock. Which is highly realistic of happening. What would be some of the Jets preferred options? Jerry Jeudy?

30 minutes ago, Dolphanfan4life117 said:

Love the picks you made for the Dolphins however don’t see them giving up a second rounder for Carr if they draft Love in the first. I prefer Fitzpatrick be the bridge QB, he knows the system the team loves him and the guy is smart. Nice draft overall but pass on the Carr trade.

My thought process is McKenzie loves Carr and may convince the GM to pull the trigger saying Carr can be a franchise guy. So you’d basically have two possible franchise QBs. Odds are, one succeeds and one fails.