Panthers releasing QB Cam Newton

.Buzz

39 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Right. And Cam was overnight crowned by the media as having  changed his game simply because he had easier passes to throw to. What does that tell you about Drew Brees and Sean Peyton. A stat padded HOF career and a guy who fails in the clutch. Big deal. Kirk Cousins has great stats. No one considers him a franchise guy. Watch Cams games before Norv Turner. Mike Shula didn’t provide Cam many checkdowns at all. That’s proven in the tape. It was long developing plays that didn’t have the o line to support it.

I don’t care who the media crowned because the media is stupid. And I have watched Cam’s games. He’s not an accurate thrower. He had a higher completion percentage one year because he threw the ball 2 yards over and over to McCaffrey lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RabidPanther89 said:

He doesn’t have an “act”. He just has a personality you choose not to like. He’s been a total pro, community leader and great teammate in Carolina. If Cams healthy BB would     be crazy not to kick the tires on Cam. He’s got a cannon of an arm and is a 3rd down conversion machine. That would be an effective tool with NE defense.

No, don't put word in my mouth. He a phony I don't believe he true. Its been  that way since college. His true colors showed SB

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/02/08/cam-newton-shows-true-colors-during-and-after-super-bowl-50/

Sorry I don't feel the way you do about your Superhero.

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

No, don't put word in my mouth. He a phony I don't believe he true. Its been  that way since college. His true colors showed SB

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/02/08/cam-newton-shows-true-colors-during-and-after-super-bowl-50/

Sorry I don't feel the way you do about your 

I mean you're just insane and wrong and assuming you know another human being because he didn't dive hard enough for a fumble in time, but go off king.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, braylon said:

Wow. Cam Newton is incredibly underrated on these boards (and in general). Some of the takes in this thread are OUTRAGEOUS.

No, the national media grossly overrates him because he's marketable for a myriad of reasons. Not because he's a good quarterback.

10 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Sorry I don't feel the way you do about your Superhero.

Lol okay so you link an article from 5 years ago slandering Cam after losing the biggest game of his life. You judge him for not diving on a ball he wasn’t going to recover anyway. But you don’t have anything to say about the refs allowing him to get his head head bashed in for 4 Qtrs with no penalty. A crucial non call catch on 3rd down by Cotchery or the two miss field goals in which Denver was off sides. Brady and Rodgers piss and moan all day but it’s only a big deal if Cam does it.

Last time he was healthy, i remember him leading the Panthers to a comeback win in Philly against the defending super bowl champs at the time. Had that team at 6-3 before TJ Watt wrecked his shoulder. Before that hit he was on pace to have by far his best passing statistical year. The year before that, he led the Panthers to 11-5 and had Drew Brees and the Saints on the ropes in the playoffs.

The demise of Cam Newton has been greatly exaggerated. He's been one of the most hated players since his college days and im sure there are alot of folks who enjoying in this rough patch in his career. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Last time he was healthy, i remember him leading the Panthers to a comeback win in Philly against the defending super bowl champs at the time. Had that team at 6-3 before TJ Watt wrecked his shoulder. Before that hit he was on pace to have by far his best passing statistical year. The year before that, he led the Panthers to 11-5 and had Drew Brees and the Saints on the ropes in the playoffs.

The demise of Cam Newton has been greatly exaggerated. He's been one of the most hated players since his college days and im sure there are alot of folks who relish in this rough patch in his career. 

Please get out of here with your facts and logic. These arm chair madden QBs can’t handle it.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

100% agreed. Chargers are in the playoffs with him almost guaranteed. 

Because The last time we saw cam newton play he was one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Do you remember the game thread from TNF week 2 last year?

Edited by CP3MVP

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

Because The last time we saw cam newton play he was one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Do you remember the game thread from TNF week 2 last year?

You mean the season he was yanking the ball out with his shoulder, with the most hideous throwing motion of all time? Yeah every Panther coach deserved to be fired for letting him play that season. 

And I’m not a Cam fan in the slightest, never been into him. But he can be a very quality starter. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

You mean the season he was yanking the ball out with his shoulder, with the most hideous throwing motion of all time? Yeah every Panther coach deserved to be fired for letting him play that season. 

And I’m not a Cam fan in the slightest, never been into him. But he can be a very quality starter. 

So the argument is that he hasn’t been healthy in 2 years(people keep citing 2018)and it’s magically going to turn around for the team that signs him?

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So the argument is that he hasn’t been healthy in 2 years(people keep citing 2018)and it’s magically going to turn around for the team that signs him?

How do you know he’s not healthy? We don’t know either way. 

It’s really hard to imagine his shoulder hasn’t recovered. It’s been nearly two years.

5 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Chargers should be all Over this. Cam is probably a year away from getting fully healthy. That Foles trades looks worse and worse now. 

He'll just get injured again.  

That's why I don't expect him to be taken off the list right away.  

And its funny how people just assume Cam's mobility is all of a sudden going to be Tom Brady-esque. 

If hes smart, he will no longer be running people over or be used as the teams Goaline back. 😒But the guy will always be able to move. He has the gift of improvisation that you can't teach. He will always be able to make plays with his legs. Maybe he won't rush for 500-700 like he used to but he will always be able to make plays with his feet inside and outside the pocket.

• Like 2

He needed to develop better repertoire from the pocket. The evasive skills were always going to decline. But instead of working on anticipation and touch Newton relied on leaning backwards and winging it 100 mph. As soon as that tendency became prominent he had no chance. 

Now we'll see if he's sharp enough to adapt