Panthers releasing QB Cam Newton

.Buzz

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How do you know he’s not healthy? We don’t know either way. 

It’s really hard to imagine his shoulder hasn’t recovered. It’s been nearly two years.

So he’s  healthy then?

5 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

He needed to develop better repertoire from the pocket. The evasive skills were always going to decline. But instead of working on anticipation and touch Newton relied on leaning backwards and winging it 100 mph. As soon as that tendency became prominent he had no chance. 

Now we'll see if he's sharp enough to adapt

LOL

5 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So he’s  healthy then?

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How do you know he’s not healthy? We don’t know either way.

It’s really hard to imagine his shoulder hasn’t recovered. It’s been nearly two years.

We really don’t know, but it’s hard to imagine he hasn’t recovered. 

Newton had shoulder surgery in January for the second time in less than two years. He’s also had ankle surgery, broken ribs, and multiple head injuries. He fractured two vertebrae in his back during a 2014 car crash. And he’s just three weeks removed from having sprained the middle of his left foot. It’s hard to remember Andrew Luck and his reasons for retiring without wondering about Newton, too.

https://deadspin.com/whats-wrong-with-cam-newton-1838093259

He's done. He doesn't have the skill to just sit in the pocket. He ran once, but never again. His own team let him go. They had no faith in him.  So, now other teams are suppose to pay him Cam Newton money. Hell no.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Might have recoverd however this is two shoulder surgeries. We all watched and saw the difference in his play.  Remind me of  Chad Pennington.  Could play but never was the same. CP was one hell of a QB before the injury.

Edited by m haynes

Bucs fan here....

Cam has a bad rep around the league but man he def carried that offense on his back for several seasons before CMC got there. And he’s done it with average / below average lines and WRs. He is not the most accurate qb but give him good players around him to throw to instead of funchess kelvin benjamins of the world..i bet his #s would be much better. Olson was his primary WR threat. Im rooting for Cam to be successful elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I just want to get the narrative down now because the last 2 years whenever he played poorly it apparently was because he’s  hurt.

Edited by CP3MVP

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Recovering from surgery and being the same player you were pre-surgery are two completely different things. Which one are you assuming? 

I really hope he goes to the jags. I get they are all in with minshew but wat if he gets injured? I mean he was okay but nothing that great imo. Shouldnt he at least compete with another qb for the starting job. I dunno, i think the jags would be a great spot for him at least duel minshew on who should be the starter.

Maybe others have said this in the thread i havent read it all.

Edited by bertuzzi

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

A lot of people relishing the fall of Cam. I just can't support any comment that detests the idea of him being their team's starting QB. 

Granted we have no idea what the status of his health is, but you also have no idea what type of contract he would net. You're telling me a healthy Cam on a cheap deal isn't worth it? You sign a guy like that to a 1-year deal, he performs he somewhat admirably, and you can let him walk the year after knowing you're getting compensatory help. 

I think he'd be at his best with the Pats, but this seems like a no-brainer for the Chargers. There are plenty of football reasons to do so (this team is ready to win now, anyone they draft at #6 will need a year of refinement, etc.) but from a non-football perspective, this franchise needs someone to steal attention away from the Rams and actually win the hearts of a portion of that market, which Cam would undoubtedly do. 

Off topic but are you the same SaveOurSonics that used to post here like years ago?  Totally forgot your name until I saw your post here.

2 hours ago, G said:

I'd like him to go to Miami....Cam, Rosen, Fitzmajik and draft a QB late 1st or 2021. Those picks could build a really strong team.

I agree.

Go full BPA in the draft.   That entire team needs a complete overhaul and regardless of their QB, wont be contenders in 2020.     Build up the trenches, put Cam out there for a year or two, and look for a long term QB in the meantime, but dont force it.  

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree.

Go full BPA in the draft.   That entire team needs a complete overhaul and regardless of their QB, wont be contenders in 2020.     Build up the trenches, put Cam out there for a year or two, and look for a long term QB in the meantime, but dont force it.  

Lmao

no way 

even if Miami goes QB top 5 they still have an abundance of picks. They have more picks than they’ll be able to use. There’s absolutely no reason to wait an entire year to go QB