Panthers releasing QB Cam Newton

.Buzz

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Lmao

no way 

even if Miami goes QB top 5 they still have an abundance of picks. They have more picks than they’ll be able to use. There’s absolutely no reason to wait an entire year to go QB

If there is a QB they are high on, sure. 

However, they shouldnt reach on QB simply to fill the need.  That almost never works out.    

They can always trade for picks next year.  They have a ton of needs.

14 minutes ago, frenchie said:

I’m no Cam fan, but I’m not so sure Bridgewater is an upgrade tbh...

Bridgewater looked solid in his half season or so cameo with the Saints last season. Newton hasn't looked like a competent QB in several seasons. I'm pretty sure it is an upgrade. Newton's peak years are long behind him.

Edited by tyler735

7 hours ago, Elky said:

Easily the most overrated player of the 2010s.

Don't see how this is possible considering despite his peaks he isn't highly regarded at all.

Cam Newton had higher peaks and playoff success than Dalton, Stafford, Carr, Cousins, Palmer, Smith, and/or Romo. He never had a receiver as good as CJ, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyrek Hill, or Dez Bryant either. No disrespect to Greg Olsen but those offenses would be anemic without Cam. Not saying he's better than all those QBs (I'd take Romo over Cam easily), but the amount of disrespect he gets in proportion to what he actually did vs his peers is comical.

Edited by Malik
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Elky said:

Easily the most overrated player of the 2010s.

QFT

The guy is a mediocre passer combined with a talented but fading 30-something runner with bad wheels.

• His passer rating for 2016-2019 is 82.6
  • His passer rating from 2011-2014 was 85.4

He actually looked like he might have righted the ship in 2018 through 8 games at 15 TDs to 4 picks and a 6-2 record.

• He tanked the rest of the season going 9 TDs to 9 picks for an 0-6 finish.

Cam should star in a fashion show produced by LeBron instead of playing football.

The could call in Insufferable

Just feels like a match for the Jaguars on a cheaper 1-year deal to prove the time off has rejuvenated him.  If he's still got some of what he had when he was healthy, he'd be a good fit.  If not...as long as it's a reasonable 1-year gamble deal, they can just go back to Minshew and walk away from the experiment.

15 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Bridgewater looked solid in his half season or so cameo with the Saints last season. Newton hasn't looked like a competent QB in several seasons. I'm pretty sure it is an upgrade. Newton's peak years are long behind him.

That's like being the biggest turd in the Toliet? In the end it's still a floater. 

Just because Teddy might actually be a better QB at the moment (should hope so) then a Broken Cam, doesn't mean it's an upgrade. Just means the standard in which Teddy is being Judged against , happens to also be Crap!

15 hours ago, tyler735 said:

If were being fair though Bridgewater was in a Saints Sean Payton led offense.  One of the greatest offensive minds and offenses in the game today. You could put most Qb's in that offense and they would do quite well imo.  I myself think if Cam is atleast somewhat healthy he is a better QB than Bridge is and if Cam was in the Saints offense it would be deadly as well.