BoB is gone, but some things are just inevitable...

Uncle Buck

This is the first report I've heard of Houston Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson being fed up with how things are being run in the organization.  BoB just gave away their best receiver for a song, so I wouldn't be shocking if Watson was getting a little annoyed.  This video talks about Watson's "cryptic Tweet" bringing up questions about his future.  Vikings fans have a little experience with a player posting cryptic Tweets, and we all know how that turned out.

We just extended Kirk, but with BoB's history of poor dealing, it might be worth having Rick give him a ring and see if we could work out a trade of some kind to bring Watson to Minnesota. 

What would you be willing to give up to get him here if we could?

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

I believe the only realistic time to trade/cut Cousins would be after the 2020 season, before the 3rd day of the 2021 league year, and label him a post June 1 cut. 

That way, if my math is correct, he’d count ~$15M in dead money against the cap for 2021 and 2022. 

Sure...if you find throwing away the entire season acceptable and then be right in the same cap situation 2 years from now (and maybe even worse, since he'll cost more than Kirk even), feel free to give him a call.  

Edited by swede700

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Sure...if you find throwing away the entire season acceptable and then be right in the same cap situation 2 years from now (and maybe even worse, since he'll cost more than Kirk even), feel free to give him a call.  

I was actually thinking Watson would salvage this season and be a much better option 2 years from now. I think he’s a better QB to overcome all the losses the Vikes have had this year than Kirk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'd be ok with that if it gives us an actual shot at winning a Super Bowl.  We're not going anywhere this season anyway.  8-8 at the absolute best. 

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd be ok with that if it gives us an actual shot at winning a Super Bowl.  We're not going anywhere this season anyway.  8-8 at the absolute best. 

Watson and Cousins got exactly as far in the playoffs last year...and both teams arguably have gotten worse talent-wise. 

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Watson and Cousins got exactly as far in the playoffs last year...and both teams arguably have gotten worse talent-wise. 

Do you think Cousins can get us to the promised land of winning a Super Bowl?  It's possible, I guess, but I tend to think that we just have another Tommy Kramer or Wade Wilson on our hands.  Those guys were good, but not good enough to get us past the great ones in the playoffs.  When all is said and done, I'm afraid that's going to be how it goes with Kirk too.  He's a nice guy, and I hope I'm wrong about him.  Time will tell I guess.