BoB is gone, but some things are just inevitable...

Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

quick! let's make a new topic thread where we talk about Cousins not being good enough. we don't have any of those yet.

This was actually a thread about Deshaun Watson.  He happens to play the same position as Kirk Cousins, so it's probably natural for Kirk's name to come up in the subject of a trade.  I thought it was worth discussing because of the fact that the video discusses Watson having made a "cryptic" tweet, and we just got rid of a player ourselves who used to do that.  Not only that, but I'm assuming there are a lot of people out there who are shut-in these days and I wanted to contribute a topic that might give them something to do to pass the time in discussing it.

VD, are you mad at me or something?  :S 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This was actually a thread about Deshaun Watson.  He happens to play the same position as Kirk Cousins, so it's probably natural for Kirk's name to come up in the subject of a trade.  I thought it was worth discussing because of the fact that the video discusses Watson having made a "cryptic" tweet, and we just got rid of a player ourselves who used to do that.  Not only that, but I'm assuming there are a lot of people out there who are shut-in these days and I wanted to contribute a topic that might give them something to do to pass the time in discussing it.

VD, are you mad at me or something?  :S 

mad? nah, not at all.

and i certainly understand the point of discussing Watson, or any other QB, and their intended positive effect for the Vikings. and i certainly understand anyone's displeasure with Cousins.

my point was not in voicing that opinion, but does it deserve its own thread, as if it's a new or unique topic of discussion? why not just make a post in any other thread where Cousins, or potential QB's, are being discussed?

i mean. we have players leaving the teams, new players joining the team, but we don't have a new thread for each guy. why this time? particularly since voicing displeasure of Cousins is certainly not a new piece of news.

but hey, that's just one person's opinion.

44 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

mad? nah, not at all.

and i certainly understand the point of discussing Watson, or any other QB, and their intended positive effect for the Vikings. and i certainly understand anyone's displeasure with Cousins.

my point was not in voicing that opinion, but does it deserve its own thread, as if it's a new or unique topic of discussion? why not just make a post in any other thread where Cousins, or potential QB's, are being discussed?

i mean. we have players leaving the teams, new players joining the team, but we don't have a new thread for each guy. why this time? particularly since voicing displeasure of Cousins is certainly not a new piece of news.

but hey, that's just one person's opinion.

Sorry.  I'll put it in an existing thread next time.

17 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We just extended Kirk, but with BoB's history of poor dealing, it might be worth having Rick give him a ring and see if we could work out a trade of some kind to bring Watson to Minnesota.

Yes, but first call Winter Park and ask if, when Twelve Pick Rick calls to trade multiple high draft picks over the next few years for Watson, you can listen in on the trade conversation on an ..... extension.    cough, cough, Herrrrrrschel, cough, cough.

17 hours ago, vike daddy said:

being cooped up at home is starting to show its effects....

We should send medical help to UB's home, ASAP.  One of the symptoms of Bologna Virus is hallucinations that a pipe dream trade will yield a SB win for the Vikings.

• 9 months later...
43 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Plus, there's the whole problem of having to try to unload Kirk at the same time.

Honestly, if Watson were the one forcing his way out, with no suitable replacement on their roster, and no 1st or 2nd round pick of their own this year, you might be able to get Houston to take Cousins.

It's fun to imagine Watson, Jefferson, Cook, Theilen and Smith all teaming up!  That would be must see TV!  Yet, I agree with the other posters that cost in terms of draft picks would be huge, plus it really doesn't get the Vikings any cap savings.  In other words, there would be no room left for upgrades on defense, the offensive line or depth anywhere.  Now, if someone could agree to a three way QB trade...Cousins to San Francisco, Garappolo to Houston, with Watson coming to the Vikings!!!  But those kind of deals NEVER happen in the NFL.