Mock As I Went

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I am actually looking for more insight from peoples "critiques" rather than just a comment like yours which is basically just, "hard pass." The title of this thread is asking for it to be mocked however, so...

Fine, i'll bite. Where would YGM play? He is 15 lbs lighter than Gary, 10 lbs lighter than Z, he can't play on the line and we are already two deep with youth at OLB. That's why it's  a hard pass. I said "hard pass" because I wanted to put in as much though to my response as you did to making that pick, which was clearly not much.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

No way Cincy passes on Burrow. The city would burn to the ground 

1 hour ago, Dolphanfan4life117 said:

Hate this for the Dolphins, look I know we need a QB but I don’t think Burrow is worth all three first rounders and Rosen. I see them trading up maybe but this is way to much for a QB who had one great season. 

Two seemingly opposing views about the value of Borrow?

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Fine, i'll bite. Where would YGM play? He is 15 lbs lighter than Gary, 10 lbs lighter than Z, he can't play on the line and we are already two deep with youth at OLB. That's why it's  a hard pass. I said "hard pass" because I wanted to put in as much though to my response as you did to making that pick, which was clearly not much.

Quite the rationalization for putting in no effort to your response, but okay, I'll bite.

I think Gary is more suited to be on the line at this point however Gross-Matos plays with the technique and leverage to succeed there as well. Matos is quick, strong, and long. All traits that translate across the defensive front.

The thought process I had when deciding on this pick for the Packers was that their defensive scheme likes to confuse offenses and apply a lot of pressure using guys out of position with pre-snap motion and unbalanced formations. I think it's fine to stalk up on a position group of pass rushers which is regularly regarded as a commodity in which teams can never have too much of. I imagine Mike Pettine would love to expand the role of Preston Smith and include him in a lot more exotic coverage formations which he'll be able to get away with if the Packers added an every-down starter-level player with the attributes and profile of Yetur Gross-Matos. An athletic front seven with both of the Smith's, Gary Clark Jr. - (my new nickname from now on for Rashan Gary and Kenny Clark) - as well as YGM and Dean Lowry would hopefully be enough to make the difference in the playoffs.

It is also a best player available type of pick given where the Packers draft selection is at the end of the first round. I think the talent level left at other positions is relatively questionable in this mock draft at the Packers spot. I see this pick as realistic and a fit if they aren't able to trade out.

Edited by DoleINGout

@badgers0821 The Packers front seven is without Blake Martinez and Kyler Fackrell heading forward and the run defense needs help - as much as a scheme thing as talent perhaps. Yetur Gross-Matos I just see as an ideal fit to help address all of these Packers issues on defense. YGM is good value, good fit, and replaces Fackrell while also potentially being able to double as a defense end in rotation occasionally his rookie season.