Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers sign Travis Benjamin WR

He's going to fit right in with our other safeties who can't catch. 

Wait...

Hold on a second...

He's a wide receiver????!!!!!

Okay, all jokes aside, kind of whatever. We had an idea that something like this was going to happen. I thought it was going to be Dorsett, but Dorsett / Benjamin, makes no nevermind. Role receiver. I would assume that he's going to make a comparable salary to what we are paying Goodwin. This is fine. He's not going to be playing a #2 role on this team, so I don't mind it. 

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

This feels like Goodwins replacement. Hopefully we trade that guy soon 

I sure as hell hope not. Benjamin is not the answer. I don't get this signing. Like Taylor Gabriel is just sitting in free agency, waiting to be signed. Much better player than Benjamin and is familiar with the scheme. I'm not understanding the thinking here with this move.

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I sure as hell hope not. Benjamin is not the answer. I don't get this signing. Like Taylor Gabriel is just sitting in free agency, waiting to be signed. Much better player than Benjamin and is familiar with the scheme. I'm not understanding the thinking here with this move.

They are all kind of the same to me. Gabriel is the guy that I really thought we would target due to familiarity, but Goodwin / Benjamin / Gabriel / Dorsett...they all serve a fairly narrow function in my opinion. These are guys that are providing any real "answers", to be honest. 

Also, I'll be curious if this tells us anything about the receiver preference in the draft. I actually mentioned this to @y2lamanakiin the most recent pod. 

13 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm just saying Benjamin is our best downfield threat right now 

I'm with you, this signing feels like a waste of time lol 

Benjamin has been known to drop passes in crucial moments. This is not a move I would have made. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are all kind of the same to me. Gabriel is the guy that I really thought we would target due to familiarity, but Goodwin / Benjamin / Gabriel / Dorsett...they all serve a fairly narrow function in my opinion. These are guys that are providing any real "answers", to be honest. 

Also, I'll be curious if this tells us anything about the receiver preference in the draft. I actually mentioned this to @y2lamanakiin the most recent pod. 

Yea but Benjamin is on the wrong side of 30 though...

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea but Benjamin is on the wrong side of 30 though...

He just turned 30  three months ago, it's a one year deal, and he still has jets. Just not really a thing for me. They are all kind of whatever