Peyton Barber / 2 year deal with Redskins

MikeT14

depth signing who is very good on special teams, good hands,  rarely fumbles and cheap. 

look who we have at RB:

Mvp old but still good

Guice- injury prone huge question mark

Love- recovering from major injury- huge question mark

the new guy- pass receiving third down speciality back and special teamed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

depth signing who is very good on special teams, good hands,  rarely fumbles and cheap. 

look who we have at RB:

Mvp old but still good

Guice- injury prone huge question mark

Love- recovering from major injury- huge question mark

the new guy- pass receiving third down speciality back and special teamed

I did see that stat. 2 lost fumbles in 4 years . I didn't realize he's a "teams " guy .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I did see that stat. 2 lost fumbles in 4 years . I didn't realize he's a "teams " guy .

He didn't even play a snap of special teams last year lol.

I don't understand why you would spend guaranteed money on someone else's undrafted free agent when you could just find one of your own this offseason.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don't understand why you would spend guaranteed money on someone else's undrafted free agent when you could just find one of your own this offseason.

Because our headcoach has no idea what he’s doing currently 

53 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He was a prime back last year his first few years he played well on Teams. I’m not saying he great- he’s a cheap depth guy where we have lots of question marks 

• Like 1

Not a good signing. Even worse than McKissic, which is saying something. At least McKissic ostensibly has a role on the team as currently constituted. The only way Barber even makes the team is if one of AD/Guice/Love is out with an extended injury — and IF that happens, you can sign any number of street FAs at that time that could give you just about the same quality of play that Barber can. Hell, just draft a guy in the 7th round and he could do the same. 

He’s not a terrible player. He runs hard and I’m sure he’s a solid dude.

But you don’t give money to mediocre veteran RBs. That’s one of the 10 Commandments of personnel decision. And it’s especially true when you already have one old RB, two young guys that you hope are the future, and a 3rd down back on the roster. 

This is, in all likelihood, a total waste of $600k. Which is the sort of thing you see teams do when they sat on their hoarded cap space, refused to use it on actual upgrades, and then find themselves with a ton of unused money burning a hole in their pocket with only the dregs of FA left to spend on. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Not a good signing. Even worse than McKissic, which is saying something. At least McKissic ostensibly has a role on the team as currently constituted. The only way Barber even makes the team is if one of AD/Guice/Love is out with an extended injury — and IF that happens, you can sign any number of street FAs at that time that could give you just about the same quality of play that Barber can. Hell, just draft a guy in the 7th round and he could do the same. 

He’s not a terrible player. He runs hard and I’m sure he’s a solid dude.

But you don’t give money to mediocre veteran RBs. That’s one of the 10 Commandments of personnel decision. And it’s especially true when you already have one old RB, two young guys that you hope are the future, and a 3rd down back on the roster. 

This is, in all likelihood, a total waste of $600k. Which is the sort of thing you see teams do when they sat on their hoarded cap space, refused to use it on actual upgrades, and then find themselves with a ton of unused money burning a hole in their pocket with only the dregs of FA left to spend on. 

Yeah, I don't see why they made this move at all.  Unless they have a deal in place for someone already on the roster- which would have to be Peterson- because you aren't selling Guice or Love on their rookie deals.  

While I have issues with some of the other signings from the point of depth needing to come from the draft, I also realize that the past regime (and that includes many people currently in the building) failed in that regard.  This is the first true head-scratcher for me.  

• Like 2