College Football 25

Ty21

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Considering NCAA isn't in the name, I'm pretty sure there is not gonna be NCAA Teams or Logos. With that said, I'm sure you can download people's create-a-team similar to NBA 2K.

It's going to have teams and logos, but no player likeness.

But you're right, it's not actually a NCAA game. 

Edited by skywindO2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well of course it’s going to have teams and logos, I’m saying they won’t be like NCAA teams. 

You know what I meant and you're wrong. 

To make the game happen, EA Sports partnered with collegiate licensing company CLC to make sure it had the FBS schools, traditions, uniforms and playbooks -- among other things -- ready to go for the game. Over 100 teams will be in the game.

For now, EA Sports is planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players. Current NCAA rules prohibit athletes from selling their NIL rights while in college.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30821045/school-plan-ea-sports-do-college-football

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They already had this in NCAA 14.  Your players attributes year to year based on a multiplier x your school * rating.  So if you had the same player with a 1 star program as a 6 star, in his sophomore year he would be better on the 6 star team than the 1 star. 

You could bypass this by purchasing the elite training or whatever they called it package.  It was like $5.  

They also limited the amount of online leagues you could host.  If you wanted to have unlimited leagues you had to pay $5.  This I can see actually serving a purpose, the people using up the most on the servers should contribute more to maintain those servers.  

Thought so, but it’s been so long

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

-No ****ing MUT incarnation, or if you’re going to do it, don’t compromise the entire rest of the game for it

-Make each games release feel fresh and unique or don’t release every year. 

-listen to the fans 

I've got some bad news for you

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Considering NCAA isn't in the name, I'm pretty sure there is not gonna be NCAA Teams or Logos. With that said, I'm sure you can download people's create-a-team similar to NBA 2K.

They paired with CLC, a college licensing company, to give them already over 100 schools likenesses and everything. This is a complete list of the schools CLC represents although obviously not all of them are going to be in the game (many of them don't even have football teams). A lot of bigger schools are represented by CLC so I'd imagine they'll have separate negotiations since I can't imagine they'll make a game without schools like Ohio State, Penn State, USC, etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I've got some bad news for you

They paired with CLC, a college licensing company, to give them already over 100 schools likenesses and everything. This is a complete list of the schools CLC represents although obviously not all of them are going to be in the game (many of them don't even have football teams). A lot of bigger schools are represented by CLC so I'd imagine they'll have separate negotiations since I can't imagine they'll make a game without schools like Ohio State, Penn State, USC, etc.

Yeah I imagine what they have now isn’t what they end with, considering Ohio St and my bb ND were both in the playoffs this year lol 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah I imagine what they have now isn’t what they end with, considering Ohio St and my bb ND were both in the playoffs this year lol 

What I meant by bad news was in reference to the three points of yours I quoted. EA is doing this as a cash grab, it's going to end up no different than Madden. I'll still line up day 1 to buy the first iteration of course.

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

They should make 14 available on the ps5 just to hold us over til it drops. Then I can throw my stupid old PS3 in a wood chipper 

They can't really because of the likeness issue with actual players who were college athletes at the time. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Dude they had that since NCAA 11 lol

yeah I remember now.
NCAA is forever the earlier 360 versions in my head. Played those so much.

Wonder if they'll bring the online creator back, easy way to get around not have deals for certain schools.
Remember spending a ton of time just doing that once it launched.

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If I’m thinking how to be money grubbing, I could see them adding ways to speed up getting your school to being the next Bama.

Like you can play a bunch of seasons and slowly build up cred to get more top recruits, which helps you get funding from School admins for new facilities/upgrades. Or you can get that from boosts. I hate it but it’d be the way to suck money out of people. 

Could also see them charging for alternate Jerseys again. (Were those free?) 

In general I hope they let us do stuff with Uniforms again, same with madden.

That's pretty much how they were doing it toward the end of NCAA.  I never used it, but never minded it either.  If someone wants to pay for that, and it doesn't affect my dynasty experience, go for it. 

As for the bolded, they actually did it in a good way, that I would be cool with them doing again.  They released DLC uniform packs that you had to pay for, but those packs only included uniforms that were being worn for the first time in that active season.  Alternates that were worn prior to that season were included in the base game or brought in as a part of early patches.  I'd be all for that again.  Gives them incentive to continue developing uniforms, and has them ready to go for the next year's release already.