College Football 25

Ty21

16 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Is the gameplay going to be as awful as madden? 

Depends if they fast-track the game and use the Madden Engine. NCAA 14 and M25 were similar gameplay, and same engine if I remember correctly. Although NCAA 14 was much smoother, less buggy, and the overall game and its modes were much deeper. 

NCAA 14 gets so much praise because it was the last game. It was a good, but not great game. I even saw many saying 14 was the best in the series. May be the best on PS3/360 Era but NCAA on PS2 was still definitely better. 

With that said, definitely excited about this and a day one purchase. College games are always way better than pro sports games, because they are always so much deeper, with many teams and players to customize. 

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Depends if they fast-track the game and use the Madden Engine. NCAA 14 and M25 were similar gameplay, and same engine if I remember correctly. Although NCAA 14 was much smoother, less buggy, and the overall game and its modes were much deeper. 

NCAA 14 gets so much praise because it was the last game. It was a good, but not great game. I even saw many saying 14 was the best in the series. May be the best on PS3/360 Era but NCAA on PS2 was still definitely better. 

With that said, definitely excited about this and a day one purchase. College games are always way better than pro sports games, because they are always so much deeper, with many teams and players to customize. 

NCAA was always a year behind Madden.  They played on the previous year's Madden, and it caused it 2 be a fair amount smoother, because they had already been working on it for a year, before the NCAA team got it.  It made their dev cycle almost longer, while Madden got to be more "cutting edge" and list the new back of the box type features.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If I recall correctly, I believe NCAA 06 was my favorite, and considered one of the best. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

If I recall correctly, I believe NCAA 06 was my favorite, and considered one of the best. 

The first year I played was 08.  Was was superior about 06?  Personally I liked the recruiting method they had switched to later on vs what it was in the 08 version.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The first year I played was 08.  Was was superior about 06?  Personally I liked the recruiting method they had switched to later on vs what it was in the 08 version.  

It wasn't points driven as much as you had to use what was at your disposal. Things like proximity, prestige, etc weighed more in the old system than with the new points system (even though they still existed). Also the DI-AA schools were in it if I recall correctly (but I could be wrong). It was the intro for Race for the Heisman. 

Needless to say, I've pretty much loved, and played the ever living hell out of all of them. I just really remember 2006.

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

NCAA 12 was a big jump if I recall too. 

I believe that was the first year of the new recruiting system.

You said the old system was more balanced on taking different attributes into account, I actually disagree.  In the old system I would put all of my points on 2 five star players for the whole season as a 1 star team and you could get those five stars. 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I believe that was the first year of the new recruiting system.

You said the old system was more balanced on taking different attributes into account, I actually disagree.  In the old system I would put all of my points on 2 five star players for the whole season as a 1 star team and you could get those five stars. 

Nah I was referring to 06 in that. I mean if you had a 5 star who was next door to you, valued that highly, and didn't care about program prestige ... maybe you could get him. But I don't remember that being the case. The recruiting in 06 wasn't any easier or harder than today's. I think 14 is pretty easy for 4 stars as a crappy school. I wasn't getting 5 stars when I was JMU in '06. 

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

How crazy is it we have to go back to PS2 for a great football experience. I still rock madden 2007 on ps2

26 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Thats all well and good, but people have been making videos and pitches like this to EA for Madden for 10+ years now and we never really see anything actually implemented.

Its nice to dream, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Thats all well and good, but people have been making videos and pitches like this to EA for Madden for 10+ years now and we never really see anything actually implemented.

Its nice to dream, I suppose. 

That’s all we can do. The plebs